The Executive Director of the One Orlando Alliance shall principally be a results-driven individual responsible for the organizational and financial management of the organization and for carrying out the strategic priorities of the Alliance.
The Executive Director shall be an ambitious and dynamic collaborative leader with a proven track record in advocacy, financial management, grant writing, fundraising,communication, programming, operational supervision, and promotion of diversity, inclusion and anti-oppression initiatives. The Executive Director of the One Orlando Alliance will report to and operate under the guidance and direction of the Board of Directors.
The work of the coalition is driven by the Alliance Agenda which outlines the top 10 issues facing Central Florida’s LGBTQ+ population. The Alliance Agenda is the basis for the community-centric, issue-based advocacy that OOA advances in the community.
The Executive Director will convene Alliance members and community stakeholders to advocate around outcome driven solutions that address these key issues.
The Executive Director is responsible for building upon a value-based culture that honors the diversity within our community. This position requires a proven leader with whom coalition, board, and community members can embrace, trust and collaborate with.Persons living at the intersections of LGBTQ+ identities, communities of color, immigrants,and other historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Commitment to creating a safe, welcoming and inclusive community for all LGBTQ+people who live within or visit Central Florida
- Ability to work collaboratively with the LGBTQ+ community, its partners and the organization’s diverse constituents as well as the ability to develop a strong network of key and emerging leaders in LGBTQ+ communities and beyond
- Transparent and high integrity leadership that models OOA’s values- based culture
- Demonstrated ability to diversify revenue streams to include grant writing, major gifts, and philanthropy relationships
- Commitment to excellence and high standards, both personally and professionally
- Strong ability to motivate people, develop staff and leaders, and delegate responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent public relations and marketing skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to determine, produce, track and report on measurable, outcome-based results
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a diverse group of organizations and individuals
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate Alliance members and other volunteers
- Four years or more of experience in business, social change, nonprofit operational and financial management, grassroots organizing and advocacy or a related area
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. In lieu of a degree, we will consider 5+ years of experience of nonprofit, social justice leadership work
Preferred Skills and Experience:
While not required, the ideal candidate will have a background in or understanding of some or all of the following:
- History of working with LGBTQ+ communities, with knowledge of and commitment to LGBTQ+ issues and anti-oppressive systems
- Lived experience or demonstrated professional experience in building anti racist structures that honor intersecting LGBTQ+ identities, communities of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, transgender specific issues, labor issues, etc.
- Experience working within a coalition model
- Working within traumatized communities
- Knowledge of Central Florida’s political and Institutional climate
- Experience working with and growing early stage non-profit organizations
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish
Compensation One Orlando Alliance offers a competitive nonprofit salary in Central Florida commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Be sure to include name, address, email address, phone number, why you are interested in the position of Executive Director, qualifications, professional references and anything that you think will be helpful for our Executive Director Search Committee to know about why you believe you are the best candidate for this position.
Application Deadline We anticipate filling this position expeditiously and therefore will only be receiving applications through August 28, 2020.
One Orlando Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, national origin,disability,veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.