Major Gifts Officer (NAT3745) Philadelphia, PA
Potential Work Locations
Boston, MA; New York, NY; or Philadelphia, PAJob Summary
Are you ready to build a rewarding career making a real impact, changing the world for people living with MS?
To realize our vision we need innovative, collaborative individuals who are motivated by hitting goals and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. As a Society team member, you will work with urgency and relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
Does this sound like you? If so, take action now.
Do life changing work.Responsibilities
As a Major Gift Officer you will provide multiple-market support including priority markets such as New York, Boston, and Philadelphia. Candidates can be based out of any of these locations. You will be part of a dynamic Individual Giving team responsible for raising $20 million annually.
As a Major Gift Officer you will strategically engage a pipeline of new and retained prospects through a defined portfolio of donors giving at the $25,000+ level. You will actively work a portfolio to create meaningful interactions including gift solicitation and stewardship. This position plays an active role on relationship management teams to develop and support moves management planning for all assigned prospects. You will play a pivotal role in growing market capacity by identifying potential major gifts and helping to establish a strong pipeline for the Major Gift program.
You will actively engage in cross-functional relationship management teams to develop and support moves management planning for each market's major donors and major gift prospects and will be responsible for collaborating at the highest levels, including with local Market Leaders and the Senior Leadership Team, to ensure strategic donor engagement in all facets of the organization.
We are looking for you to be action and detail-oriented, highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships, closing gifts in the six and seven-figure range and skilled at inspiring, influencing and engaging people.
Travel in and to assigned markets is required, as well as attending weekend and evening donor functions. (Travel up to 50% of the time)Qualifications
Here's what we are looking for you to bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 7 years in related major gift work
- Successful solicitation of major and planned gifts of $100K level and above; successful planned giving solicitation including bequests, charitable gift annuities, trusts and working with financial planners
- Ability to work with high impact volunteers, board members, ambassadors and senior level staff
- Ability to formulate creative strategies for major gifts advancement
- High degree of initiative and ability to motivate and engage high level volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated ability to work with high degree of autonomy and accountability and to be a team player
- Extensive knowledge of major and planned giving vehicles
- Capital campaign gift cultivation and solicitation experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively and professionally with executive staff and board members and to build productive relationships with major gifts prospects
- CFRE Preferred but not required
- Experienced with Word, Excel, and donor database tools and reports.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website:https://www.nationalmssociety.org/About-the-Society/Careers