Director of Solutions Development
Who we want:
Director of Solutions Development
ASU Enterprise Partners, a private, nonprofit organization comprised of five subsidiaries that raise, create and invest resources for Arizona State University, is seeking a Director of Solutions Development to join the Information Resource Management team in a leadership role.
The Director of Solutions Development will oversee the successful implementation, ongoing program management, and continuous innovation upon the vision of an enterprise Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) strategy and platform for Enterprise Partners, and its integration with the university, alumni, and athletics. The position will design and direct the program and support services, manage resources and project plans, and ensure the achievement of the program vision though rigorous adherence to design processes and methods, agile project management, and interdepartmental and cross-campus relationship building. The position is dedicated to this strategy and platform, and reports to the Deputy Chief Information Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the implementation (planning and execution), ongoing strategic program management, and continuous innovation of the preferred CRM (Salesforce)
- Represent Enterprise Partners’ interests in governance and policymaking negotiations with university partners on an ongoing basis
- Communicate Enterprise Partners’ cross-functional business activities, roles, and systems to ASU Marketing Hub and UTO and participate in redesign of university-wide, CRM-related activities, roles, and systems
- Administer Salesforce as a super admin and assign permissions on objects and fields to system users
- Serve as ultimate troubleshooting resource for all CRM issues from Enterprise Partners and affinity partners (alumni and athletics)
- In partnership with Technology and Solutions leadership, manage the integration with Enterprise Partners systems and university partners’ Salesforce instances
- As appropriate, provide leadership for the transition from current systems to preferred CRM and third-party apps
- Manage program support staff including training on systems and customer service methods to provide a delightful user experience
- Build relationships with university colleagues, Enterprise Partners staff, and vendors in order to foster trust and collegiality in ongoing usage of a shared, cross-unit environment
- Ensure affinity partners’ (alumni and athletics) requirements are integrated and achieved within the larger scope of the CRM deployment and management
- Ensure individual Enterprise Partners departmental requirements are integrated and achieved within the CRM deployment
- Adhere to the human-centered design process and methods; conduct primary user research as basis for cross-departmental requirements gathering, sense-making, and systems design
- Establish baselines of key performance indicators, track changes over time, and periodically report impact and future outlooks to leadership
- Research emerging technologies, deliver quarterly reports of opportunities, and implement as appropriate
- Brand the program to elicit a positive reaction from colleagues and system users
- Position Enterprise Partners as an industry leader by presenting at conferences and communicating with industry peers through blogs and social media
- Act as product manager for necessary custom-developed software including identifying user needs, creating and prioritizing user stories, and collaborating with third-party or in-house developers in agile development framework to continuously deploy needed features and systems
- Cultivate a culture of trust, innovation, and entrepreneurship
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential prospect information
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Possess strong technical expertise in the Microsoft computer operating system and platform
- Possess and maintain proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of development software for prospect management and basic financial software for fund management
- Ability to travel (be out of the office)
- Ability to work hours necessary to complete tasks, including nights and weekends as necessary
- Understanding of database-driven web applications and web services, specifically CRMs and supplementary online engagement apps
Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred and at least four years of implementing, administering and utilizing a Salesforce for sales, support, or online marketing/engagement; OR, any equivalent combinations of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Familiarity with advancement/development preferred.
Who we are:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a private, nonprofit organization based in Tempe, Arizona, that serves as the resource-raising arm of Arizona State University. We represent a new, innovative and highly efficient model for diversified revenue generation, serving five distinct subsidiaries that provide support for ASU:
- ASU Foundation matches donors with their passions by raising and investing private contributions to ASU programs, faculty and students.
- University Realty LLC cultivates and advances commercial and residential real estate projects to support ASU.
- Skysong Innovations, ASU Enterprise Partners’ technology transfer, creates a pipeline between ASU inventions and the private sector.
- Enterprise Collaboratory at ASU equips faculty, staff and students to launch innovative and impactful initiatives rapidly.
- ASU Research Enterprise conducts applied research and consults for classified and midrange technology-readiness-level (TRL) services for the defense and security industry.
We employ a diverse team engaged in meaningful work, including fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, filmmakers, inventors, entrepreneurs and volunteers. Each member brings a different perspective to our vision, yet we share a mission to advance the most innovative university in the country.
Advance your career, too. Professional development is highly valued at ASU Enterprise Partners, where employees are encouraged to look across the organization and nurture new areas of interest. Roles often shift as passions are discovered.
Employees and eligible dependents enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; and significant tuition reductions. More information is available about our benefits at: http://asuenterprisepartners.org/employeebenefits.
Learn more about us at https://asuenterprisepartners.org/.
Clarity of focus while juggling complex projects or deadlines.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across University campuses. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
This position will require a laptop/tablet computer, telephone, mobile communication device ($60 monthly reimbursement), business cards, and corporate credit card.
Contact us today.
For more information on ASU Enterprise Partners, visit our web site at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer