Director of Development
Careers at UAMS | Director of Development in ArkansasOverview
The Director of Development serves as a major gift officer for the University and is dedicated to the cultivation and solicitation of gifts in support of the UAMS mission. The Director reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor. The Director will maintain a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors, which may include alumni, patients and friends of the institution. This position includes extensive travel and night/weekend events, up to 50% of hours worked. Remote work within an appropriate home office setting is required and the setup of which is the responsibility of the employee. The Director must be a self-starter, adept with technology and proficient in both long-term relationship building and closing investments to the institution within a reasonable time-frame. This individual is highly professional and serves as an exemplary colleague, representative and community member. Higher education comprehensive campaign experience is preferred. The successful candidate will show proven success in solicitation of numerous major gifts. Exemplary interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to affect favorably sophisticated volunteers and donors. Working successfully and persuasively with medical professionals requires the signature ability to be thorough, logical, factual and precise in communications - both oral and written.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experienceResponsibilities
- Builds and manages a portfolio of prospects and donors from whom to solicit major gifts of $25,000 and above.
- Cultivates both engaged and non-engaged prospects, including making cold calls and visits to expand our constituent outreach efforts.
- Successfully engages with donors within a best-practice major-gifts methodology.
- Exceeds annual metrics including those tracking engagement activity, proposals and dollars raised.
- Eagerly utilizes prospect identification and research tools and software such as EverTrue to build a robust and diversified portfolio of prospects and donors with affinities across the institution.
- Possess a willingness to travel frequently around the state to meet with regional staff, advisory committee meetings, and potential donors.
- Follows processes and procedures for updating donor records in the CRM system of record. Input contact reports and other information in the system to ensure the integrity of donor records and to record relevant historical information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree
- Valid Driver's License
- Five years of fund-raising or related experience
- Fund-raising or related experience, preferably in raising major and mid-level gifts in an educational or health care setting.
- CFRE preferred
Recent Jobs - AAMC CareerConnect
Apply at this link: https://external‐uams.icims.com/jobs/68101 or go to www.jobs.uams.edu and search for ‘Director of Development’.
Candidate point of contact:
Tammie Wyatt - HR Senior Consultant
firstname.lastname@example.org or 501.320.7594.