Vice President of Marketing & Philanthropy and Communication
BROCKTON AREA MULTI SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: Vice President of Marketing & Philanthropy and Communication
DEPT/DIVISION: Marketing & Philanthropy and Communication
LOCATION: Administration FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: President/ CEO
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervision of employees in Marketing & Philanthropy
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Reporting to the President/CEO, strategically leads marketing & philanthropy and communication efforts and has oversight for all operational components; creates communications and marketing & philanthropy plans to encourage service line growth and philanthropic support; launches major initiatives to bolster BAMSI’s reputation;, oversees fundraising, grant writing, marketing, media relations, internal communication and uses marketing principles to develop strategies for social media, public relations, consumer engagement, service line growth and enhanced brand awareness.
- Overseeing the planning, development and implementation of all marketing & philanthropy and communications, including social media, print and digital content, website, email marketing, public relations, newsletters, collateral and advertising.
- Grow and diversify existing funding base; manage portfolio of major and principal gift donors and expanding the major donor program.
- Work closely with President and senior executives to establish and meet annual fundraising goals.
- Responsibility for agency internal communications and intranet content.
- Overseeing the daily activities of the Marketing & Philanthropy and Communications Department including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external partners, including board-level contacts.
- Build, lead, and inspire a strong team, to deliver impactful public relations programs that advance the organization’s mission and values.
- Mentor marketing staff to function independently with accountability for performance.
- Take proactive leadership role in issues management and crisis communications matters impacting all divisions of the company to ensure informative, clear communication of company authority and reputation.
- Conduct analysis to identify priority service lines and develop action plans to promote using appropriate marketing tactics.
- Serve as the Chief Public Information Officer for BAMSI handling routine media as well as crisis communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in directly related field with 15+ years of communications, marketing and philanthropy experience within a complex organizational setting. (Masters preferred.)
- Minimum 10 years of management experience evaluating, directing, and overseeing communications, marketing and fundraising professionals, with demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and motivate a team.
- Your demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, philanthropy and communications activities.
- Exceptional writing, editing and story-telling skills.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of email and print materials and publications, website management, digital/social media content creation and management, and public relations.
- Strong budgeting and cost-management skills and an ability to maximize impact with a limited budget.
- Strong listening skills, combined with effective, articulate, and persuasive public speaking.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing & philanthropy and communications specialists.
- A strong work ethic with a willingness to "roll up sleeves" and do whatever it takes.
- A heart for social impact work
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to quickly deliver strong results
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Good negotiation skills.
- Highly organized with expert attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a communications strategy for internal communications including message/story development, editorial calendar planning and channel distribution (emails, internal portal, videos) to keep employees informed and engaged. Work cross-functionally with other operating divisions to ensure the consistent, cohesive delivery of content.
- Self-starter who is quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious.
- Strong commitment to working collaboratively with partners across the company.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Experience with CRM software and digital marketing tools and techniques.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Strategic leadership skills and big picture perspective, as well as the ability to implement and execute.
- Effective interpersonal skills exemplified by initiative, courtesy, diplomacy, positive attitude, professionalism and appropriate business ethics.