President and General Manager - Vegas PBS
2 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The President and General Manager of Vegas Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) provides strategic, financial, programmatic, technical, and operational leadership for telecommunication services including broadcast television, educational access cable, internet streaming, internet instruction and information websites, scholastic and adult online education, audio visual services for public schools, emergency communication datacasting, and media resources for special needs of children and adults. The President and General Manager also serves as the Executive Director of Southern Nevada Public Television (SNPT), a related 501 (c)(3) nonprofit corporation with a separate Board that secures annual financial and legislative support for the station, facilitates testamentary gifts, and manages donated endowment fund investments. This position reports directly to the Superintendent of Schools, Clark County School District.
Education and Training
An earned master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university. A bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of related work experience may be substituted for the master’s degree requirement.
Licenses and Certifications
- Fifteen (15) or more years of progressively responsible experience managing general administrative and operating functions within or associated with television broadcasting, nonprofit administration, news and public affairs reporting, governmental agency administration, and/or corporate social responsibility leadership.
- Proven experience managing changes, knowledge and experience of rapidly changing media technology and audience needs.
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience leading revenue generation and fundraising activities.
- Experience working in public non-commercial broadcasting.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
Application instructions and full job description:
When applying for an administrative position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement.
Persons interested in the position and who meet the minimum qualifications should submit the required online application by 12:00 noon (PST), on Friday, September 25
Please direct all questions to the Clark County School District Administrative Services Department at 702.799.5484.
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin.