The Discovery Land Company Foundation (DLCF) works to strengthen non-profit and charitable programs that focus on urgent housing, education, medical, and human services for children and families in the communities that surround Discovery Land Company Developments. Since its inception in 2006, DLCF has assisted over 100 charities that provide direct care to families, by helping to implement effective new programs and provide new facilities and accommodations for many homeless and foster youth.
Most recently, DLCF has created the program Abaco Relief to support the immediate needs of Bahamian residents and their families affected by Hurricane Dorian. DLCF is working to provide water, food, shelter, and medical care, and will be participating in the ongoing recovery and reconstruction of Bahamian communities.
We are seeking a motivated controller to manage all financial matters, including routine accounting, accounts receivable and payable management, financial statement preparation, and financial presentations to the board of directors.
- Responsible for managing timely financial reporting and non-profit compliance with relevant state and federal regulations
- Oversee and supervise the annual audit, budget planning, forecasting, and other duties as they arise
- Manage and direct the communications between the bookkeeper, CFO, Executive Director, and Board, and will be expected to have a hands-on approach to overseeing all responsibilities
- Responsible for managing cash flow, and have the ability to manage contribution acknowledgements, accounts payable, and grant making activities
- Assist with information technology management, payroll, operations, and insurance.
- Assist with the design and monitoring of events, on-line fundraising programs, and management of major donor contributions and reporting
- Will serve as a liaison with the General Managers at the Discovery Land Company communities throughout the world, to facilitate fundraising, events, and community grant making in the communities that the Foundation supports
- Will also support the efforts of the Abaco Relief program in the Bahamas, by providing support in reviewing potential grantees and project proposals, review of grant reports, and assessment of grantee use of grant funds
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, with at least 2+ years of nonprofit experience, and experience with humanitarian aid and/or disaster relief preferred
- Advanced degree in accounting, finance, or related field, and regional audit firm experience preferred
- Track record that includes working knowledge of U.S. tax laws and regulations applicable to tax-exempt organizations and California non-profit laws and regulations
- Familiarity with private and public grant and contract management
- Strong problem solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively through evolving circumstances
- Ability to provide solid references, who can account to integrity, trust, and sound judgement
- Commitment to DLCF’s mission
- Willingness to participate in overnight travel as necessary; and as restrictions allow safely
- Willingness to perform duties in the Foundation’s California office, when safe to do so, as well as other locations on request, related to fundraising activities
Apply for Controller
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly