Data and Gifts Coordinator
Job Title: Data and Gifts Coordinator
Supervisor: Associate Director, Advancement Services
Work Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Mon-Fri),
Occasional evening & weekend hours as needed
The position of Data and Gifts Coordinator will be responsible for aspects of gifts administration for Cambridge in America (CAm), in coordination with the Associate Director, Advancement Services, Senior Director, Advancement Services, as well as with other members of the CAm team.
The position also works closely with counterparts at the Cambridge University Development Office (CUDAR) and the 31 Colleges of Cambridge, primarily regarding gift issues. The position will interact closely with alumni and donors by telephone, email, and written correspondence.
Gifts and Data Administration
- Enter, process and track all gifts to CAm and CAm UK, including all types of gifts via all vehicles (i.e., cash, checks, credit cards, direct debit, wire transfers, matching gifts, appreciated securities, non-publicly traded stock, gift-in-kind, pledges)
- Monitor gifts bank account, gifts inbox, lockbox account, and received mail on a daily basis and send notifications of incoming gifts to colleagues at CAm, Colleges and University in coordination with the Associate Director, Advancement Services
- Responsible for gathering and maintaining gifts documentation, sorted by batch, to ease in reconciliation and allocation questions
- Report weekly gifts activity accurately and efficiently to CAm, Colleges, and University
- Record, prepare, mail, and maintain donor acknowledgment letters and receipts in coordination with the Donor Relations Manager
- Act as front-line representative for incoming gift inquiries from donors, Colleges, and University offices, respond in a timely manner and provide donors with giving information and history as requested
- Responsible for records maintenance including entering new constituents into database and confirming all contact information is up to date from gift forms received
- Manage deceased records updates in Amicus, alerting colleagues and deleting household records when necessary
- Record and track appeal mailings by importing contact lists into Amicus and linking gifts as necessary to ensure accurate reporting surrounding appeals program
- Collaborate with team to ensure data integrity in coding throughout database
- Create Executive Committee reports for Board Approval on donations over $100k
- Train, cross-train and update CAm staff and any temporary staff hired during times of high volume in duties of gifts administration, as needed
- Create procedural documentation to ensure consistent handling of gifts and records meta-data across CAm and the University
- Serve as an Amicus database Subject Matter Expert (SME), ensuring CAm and US CASE best practices are met
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer and auditors with any audit questions or paperwork as needed
- Preform monthly reconciliation between bank account and gift records
- Assist with special projects and support the needs of CAm, as requested, in coordination with supervisor
Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant work experience and/or area(s) of study preferred.
Candidate must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Microsoft Outlook. Ideal candidate will have significant experience with fundraising databases, will have a very strong command of Excel, and will be comfortable with numbers and financial concepts. Minimum of two years of gifts administration experience preferred.
The ideal candidate should be able to work cooperatively and communicate in a professional manner with individuals at all levels of the organization and with individual stakeholders and donors outside the organization.
The individual should possess the ability to work both independently and as a part of the team, must have excellent organizational skills, very good project management skills, great attention to detail, and be able to work with deadlines, prioritize tasks, and manage time efficiently.
Apply for Data and Gifts Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly