Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Kean University Foundation seeks a strategic, experienced Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations to deepen relationships with corporate and foundation prospects and current donors.
Working in close partnership with both internal and external stakeholders, the Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations will develop and execute a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporate and foundation prospects and donors. Maximizing unrestricted philanthropic revenue while simultaneously prioritizing support for new and underfunded University projects and programs, the Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations is responsible for developing, managing, and implementing corporate and foundation grant strategies to meet or exceed budget goals and expand philanthropic support. He/she will have the opportunity to share stories of Kean University’s successes, goals, and will play a critical role in driving the Foundation’s total fundraising revenues forward. She/he will serve as the leading author for most grant proposals and will take the lead in building strong relationships with the corporate and foundation community in the tri-state area and beyond.
- Lead the execution of a comprehensive corporate and foundation fundraising program, with an emphasis on securing unrestricted grants, funding for new and underfunded projects and programs, and new donors – while retaining, and growing existing corporate and foundation support.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for increasing Kean’s visibility among corporate and foundation funders nationwide.
- Craft compelling frames and narratives for Kean University’s work – collaborating closely with key internal and external stakeholders to develop general and issue-specific program proposals, reports, and related budgets as well as expense reports.
- Directly manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation funders – including key existing and prospective donors – on a range of programs and services pertaining to Kean University.
- Conduct prospect research while implementing the effective use of contact management systems and processes to track pertinent corporate and foundation donor and prospect information in Raiser’s Edge, including regular data entry for all corporate and foundation donor contacts, research, and analytic reporting.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and monitor the Foundation’s’ s annual and longer-term revenue plan.
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible development and/or related programmatic experience, including significant experience in managing corporations and foundations, proposal and report writing, and engaging in related programmatic work, preferably in the educational sector;
- Proven track record in fostering professional relationships with corporate and foundation program officers and staff, managing a dynamic portfolio of financial prospects and donors;
- Superior communicator and storyteller, with the ability to frame and write in compelling language about Kean University and the Kean University Foundation in order to prepare complex proposals, reports, and related materials;
- Expertise in revenue planning, budget development, and expense reporting for corporate and foundation funders;
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (or a similar database) and prospect research tools required;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple, multi-faceted projects, meet deadlines, maintain composure, and perform well independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven setting;
- Sound judgment and ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information regarding the Foundation’s business and sensitive donor information; high degree of self-motivation, personal discipline, and integrity;
- A track record of being highly dependable, utilizing sound judgment, and responding well to adversity; and,
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.