The Gift Officer will play a critical role in increasing donor support and acts as an ambassador for the Kean University Foundation. Responsibilities include new donor identification, cultivation, and stewardship of existing donors to increase overall retention and giving levels, and where assigned relationship management between donors and other staff who work with them. The goal is to secure $250,000 in philanthropic support during the initial year, thereafter $750,000 annually.
Donor Relations Management
Maintain a personal portfolio of up to 100 major gift prospects (defined as those capable of giving a gift of $25,000+).
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for this portfolio of prospects, developing and implementing a written donor strategy and relationship record (using Raisers Edge) of all interactions.
- Communicate with portfolio through face to face cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings, and written strategies; ensure that each major donor and prospect has a clear strategy and timeline for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Develop solicitation strategies for donors/prospects in support of the organization's annual fund, planned giving, and growth campaigns; ensure strategies are compatible and maximize opportunities with other existing campaigns and appeals.
- Support the fundraising efforts of the Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation and as assigned university leadership (President, Dean, Athletic Director) in securing new and renewed gifts.
- Utilizing Raisers Edge and internal tracking charts track and report on progress to goal including contacts, gifts, and pledges.
- Screen and prepare profiles of current and prospective donors.
- Ensure proper donor recognition in all publications and donor lists for those prospects in the portfolio.
- Provide analysis and recommendations based on reporting.
- Provide detailed prospect reports for University Leaders as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 3-5 years (direct or equivalent) experience managing high-level donor relationships with demonstrated success in closing gifts of $10,000 and above.
- Ability to conceive, plan, and execute a major gifts program, including annual giving, special events, and special projects/campaigns.
- Excellent grasp of Raisers Edge database software.
- Willingness to be hands-on in a role that is demanding and requires a high level of energy and professionalism.
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and a working knowledge of search functions for donor research purposes.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with a culturally diverse group of co-workers and donors.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignments with many deadlines and competing requirements.
Apply for Gift Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly