Director of Development, North East
The RAND Corporation is seeking a Director of Development to secure major gifts throughout the East Coast (NY, NJ, and CT, among other locations). Working with RAND division leadership and researchers, the Director of Development will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors for RAND as part of a regional development team. The successful candidate will have an interest in public policy and must be able to effectively communicate RAND's mission and vision as well as the fundraising priorities for various RAND programs and centers. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Development, Regional Giving. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively communicate RAND’s overall strategic vision of research divisions, centers and programs.
- In partnership with department, center, or board leadership, create and implement plans to raise major gifts and/or other funds to support the priorities and fundraising goals of research divisions and centers.
- Develop, coordinate and execute long- and short-term strategies to secure major gifts from individuals and other entities in support of RAND’s mission, strategic plan and current campaign objectives.
- Build strong relationships with individual philanthropists and key volunteer leaders to qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward annual gifts of $25,000 and up.
- Cultivate a pipeline of prospects for major gifts in support of the campaign, research divisions, and centers and programs.
- Collaborate with Development colleagues responsible for soliciting major gifts, planned gifts, annual fund giving, and donor-related event activities.
- Identify prospective members for, cultivate participation in, and steward current and new members of key advisory boards that support the campaign, research priorities of RAND research divisions, centers, and institutes.
- Participate in donor events, salons, etc. that focus on fundraising and stewardship.
- Develop written materials for board members, prospects, and donors regarding the value of supporting campaign, divisions, and centers priorities.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of fundraising content for campaign and board activities.
- Ensure timely and appropriate recognition for gifts.
- Experience identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, securing and stewarding individual donors and volunteer boards
- Ability to effectively communicate with leadership, colleagues, and donors in addition to internal and external colleagues
- Experience managing and executing fundraising events
- Ability to balance concurrent priorities and deadlines
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to travel regularly, approximately 15-20% (once regular business travel has been resumed)
- Salesforce database experience
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity