Associate Director of Advancement Operations
Join an experienced and resourceful team raising philanthropic support for the University of Southern Maine. The Associate Director of Advancement Operations provides strategic leadership for the Foundation’s advancement, development and engagement programs, serving as the key partner in data utilization and analytics to drive fundraising success. The Associate Director of Advancement Operations is responsible for managing the implementation, organization and integration of relational database management systems and solutions that use them. The Associate Director supervises the Advancement Operations team and collaborates with other Foundation and University colleagues.
Job Title: Associate Director of Advancement Operations
Reports To: Executive Director of Finance and Advancement Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The Associate Director of Advancement Operations provides strategic leadership for the Foundation’s advancement, development and engagement programs, serving as the key partner in data utilization and analytics to drive fundraising success. The Associate Director of Advancement Operations is responsible for managing the implementation, organization and integration of relational database management systems and solutions that use them. The Associate Director supervises the Advancement Operations team and collaborates with other Foundation and University colleagues. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Oversee Advancement Databases – 75%
- In consultation with the Exec. Director, Finance & Advancement Operations, develop and implement a plan to maximize the usage of the alumni/donor/prospect database for gift and pledge processing, proposal tracking, next actions tracking, and maintenance of biographical data. Implements and refines consistent use of prospect management system. Oversees the design and production of timely, accurate and comprehensive financial and analytical reports, Board reports, queries and mailing lists to support execution of annual plans as well as the development of short- and long-term strategic directions for the Foundation.
- Manage the alumni/donor/prospect, constituent management and other Advancement systems in collaboration with University of Maine System’s IT professionals, other campus user groups, and USMF staff. Advise staff on structure, data integrity, policy and procedures. Organize, in collaboration with User Group(s) and campus users, upgrades, testing, and future implementations of new Advancement database systems.
- Document and manage procedures for information handling, such as gift entry and acknowledgement, contact reports and next actions, biographical updates and other procedures. Ensure the timely and accurate data entry of gifts and/or biographic information, including gift coding, fund compliance, as well as compliance with IRS regulations of gift substantiation, GASB regulations, CASE guidelines for development accounts as well as Foundation policies and procedures.
- Develop and generate analytics reporting: organize, implement, design and evaluate reporting processes. Drive the generation of guidelines and systems for best-practice utilization of advanced data analysis, reporting tools, and prospect research.
- Develop and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections. Provides programs that are well-documented and easily repeatable.
- Analyze, create and implement processes to integrate information between multiple outside data sources. Encourage, support and enforce greater use of technological platforms, tools, and metrics in order to maximize efficiency and accountability across the advancement team. Stay current with database operations, and ensure training to Foundation staff is delivered consistently with appropriate access and permissions
- Evaluates data and software vendors and systems, provides assessment and recommendations for implementation. Maintains vendor contracts, renewals, terms and conditions.
Supervise the Advancement Operations Team – 25%
- Supervises two staff who create reports, ad hoc queries, look for data integrity issues, and perform data imports from various other databases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. At least three years of Advancement experience, including significant experience in database usage and organization, is preferred. A valid U.S. driver’s license and the energy and ability to travel on a regular basis are required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Experience with reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, Power BI, Tableau is required
- Experience working with relational database management systems preferred, particular experience with advancement a plus.
- Experience in working with Ellucian’s Advance software, iModules, GiveCampus, , Blackbaud Financial Edge, Blackbaud SharePoint, data append services, etc. is preferred.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Requires a person with strong interpersonal skills, discretion in handling confidential information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Gmail, Google Docs, Google calendar, database software, and contact management systems.
Interested candidates may apply by sending a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Associate Director of Advancement Operations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly