Director of Development
Pro Mujer, a mission-driven organization, is committed to positively impacting the lives of women and their families by offering access to finance, healthcare and education. Since 1990, Pro Mujer has disbursed over $3.6 billion in loans, provided over 9 million health interventions and reached millions of women across the region. Pro Mujer is headquartered in New York City and currently operates in Argentina, Bolivia, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua and Peru.
About the Director of Development Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and in close communication with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Director of Development will play a pivotal role at Pro Mujer by generating funds to ensure long-term sustainability of the organization and to support innovation and the development of solutions for women’s empowerment in Latin America. In partnership with Pro Mujer’s Alliances team and the CFO, the Director of Development will be responsible for designing and implementing a sustainable Development Strategy to meet and exceed philanthropic capital generated from existing and untapped sources.
The Director of Development will oversee Pro Mujer’s institutional and individual development initiatives. S/he will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and maintaining donor relationships, as well as securing funding through powerful and aligned proposals to donors and leading reporting of initiatives funded. S/he will provide general oversight of all the organization’s institutional and individual development activities, manage the organization’s fundraising professionals and manage the day-to-day operations of the development function.
- Shape all donor acquisition and fundraising strategies with a strong emphasis on measurement and reporting
- Develop a caring and compelling donor experience that ensures high levels of donor satisfaction through timely responses and deeper engagement programs
- A strong commitment to Pro Mujer’s vision and mission
- Ensure the development of institutional grant funding opportunities and responsibility for all stages of the engagement process from donor prospecting to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Carry portfolio of major donors, regularly identify and cultivate prospective donors and directly solicit for support
- Build and develop a highly effective fundraising team
- Liaise with the CEO and the CFO with respect to financial planning, budgeting, funding projections and donor related cash flow projections
- A proven track record of success in raising philanthropic capital, diversifying a funding portfolio, and inspiring, leading, and supporting a strong development team.
- Proven track-record building relationships and a strong network in the United States, Europe, Latin America and Canada; social finance and impact investing network a plus.
- Seven+ years of senior level management and leadership experience in fundraising and capital development expertise. Venture capital and private equity investment experience a plus.
- Excellent English and Spanish communications skills both written and spoken.
- Strategic thinker, with solid judgment and demonstrated integrity.
- Degree in business administration, public administration, finance, economics, or an MBA.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of hybrid financing resources, including philanthropic capital, debt, equity and guarantees, etc.
- Digital Marketing experience.
- Experience working with donor databases. Salesforce experience a plus.