The Paramount Theatre, a 106-year-old, 838 seat, year-round presenting theatre in Rutland, Vermont, is seeking an experienced Development Director to manage and enact all fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will maintain and enhance current fundraising campaigns as well as develop exciting, successful new fundraising enterprises. This position involves managing all facets of fundraising including major gifts, memberships, grants (corporate, foundation and government), sponsorships, planned giving, capital campaigns and fundraising events. The chosen candidate, in close collaboration with our Executive Director, will work and communicate directly with our loyal and generous base of supporters. The Development Director will seek new, prospective donors dedicated to our mission, our economic impact, and to help support a sustainable budget that helps make possible the nationally significant artists who appear in our historic hall.
The Paramount Theatre, with its $1.5M budget, is managed by a total of seven staff members inclusive of this position, including an Executive Director, Production Manager, Technical Director, Bookkeeper, Box Office Manager and Custodian and is overseen by a Board of Directors that ranges in size from ten to fifteen. A team player mentality is critical to the success of the chosen candidate.
- Develop, oversee and expand The Paramount’s annual fundraising programs
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
- Cultivate and steward gifts from individuals by maintaining and tracking frequent contact with current major donors and developing new relationships with prospects
- Process gifts and develop and compose donor acknowledgements, cultivation and recognition materials
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders and Executive Director
- Plan and execute (with support of staff and board) annual fundraising events
- With Executive Director will develop collateral materials related to fundraising efforts.
- Work with appropriate staff to ensure The Paramount honors its obligations to supporters.
- Ability to work on selected weekday and weekend evenings required.
- Duties reasonably related to the general framework of the Development Director position will be required at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Proven track record of fundraising success (no less than 5-years of proven, hands-on experience managing development efforts generating at least $500,000 annually, preferred) and campaign management.
- Strong written communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to write clear and persuasive proposals.
- Should exhibit a high degree of organization, attention to details and ability to manage deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite a must. Knowledge of CRM, fundraising software a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field preferred
- Creative thinking related to new fundraising opportunities is crucial to the success of the chosen candidate.