Associate Director of Stewardship Development - Dental Ministries
PURPOSE: To serve members and donors of CMDA in their personal stewardship journeys with a focus on raising awareness, financial support, while promoting membership for dental ministries. This will be accomplished by working collegially with the CMDA Stewardship Ministry to build strong relationships that include the cultivation, solicitation, and stewarding of existing and potential donors for CMDA’s dental ministries.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Vice President for Stewardship & Legacy Giving
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITY TO: Vice President for Dental Ministry
- Responsible for increasing financial support from current donors.
- Identify new prospects and cultivate relationships that lead to financial support.
- Effectively organize and manage development activities for dental ministries including regular personal donor contact and communications.
- Ensure that all donors and donor interactions are tracked accurately and that individual gifts are acknowledged in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Act as a valued professional resource and advisor to educate and inform individuals and organizations of the needs of CMDA programs and the importance of their continued support.
- Organize events and activities that will foster deeper relationship with donors and introduce new people to the CMDA dental ministry.
- Work with greater Stewardship team to create ministry updates, proposals and appeals.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- A vibrant faith and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the mission and value of Christian Medical & Dental Associations
- Commitment to spiritual and professional growth, personally and organizationally
- Values and contributes to a team workplace environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of fundraising experience in a non-profit organization or related professional experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated and takes initiative to improve processes and explore new opportunities
- Desires to be a lifelong learner
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of iMIS database or fundraising management software
- Work experience with non-profit organizations