Development Consultant - Vaccine Advocacy Organization
Vaccine Advocacy Organization seeking to hire a Development Consultant to lead in the creation and implementation of development plan and write grants to ensure that the organization reaches its annual revenue target and is progressing toward its long-term fundraising goals. Vaccinate Your Family will celebrate 30 years in 2021 and we still have a long road ahead. Applicant must have a passion for public health and ability to work virtually (candidates based in Northeast preferred).
The Development Consultant will work with the Executive Director to determine the budgeting needs of the organization and will be expected to maintain a solid working knowledge of VYF’s core programs. The Development Consultant will support the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and staff in the development and execution of their resource generation activities and donor stewardship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and implement VYF’s development plan to reach annual revenue goals and build toward the long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Manage a portfolio of individual, corporate, and foundation donors and prospects for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Research, identify and write grants to foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
- Research, identify and implement a program to nurture relationships with individual donors to ensure major giving and planned giving.
- Manage the organization’s annual appeal campaigns including Giving Tuesday and end of year donations.
- Suggest a donor campaign to commemorate the organization’s 30th anniversary in 2021.
- Oversee the maintenance of relevant and timely information/notes in the donor database
- Track grant proposals including deadlines for submission, follow-up and reporting guidelines.
- Identify, schedule, prepare and coordinate meetings for appropriate VYF staff and Board to accomplish the fundraising plan.
- Partner with VYF staff to produce materials/collateral for donors.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years prior fundraising experience with a proven track record of success in donor cultivation including individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies.
- Hands-on experience cultivating and soliciting senior level executives, donors and community leaders.
- Experience with general and/or endowment fundraising, and/or working with government grants is a plus.
- Outstanding writing, communication, verbal and networking skills.
- Strong fundraising research skills
- Strong donor database skills and/or the ability to learn a new system (e.g., EveryAction). quickly.
- Must thrive when working under deadlines, have strong organizational and budget management skills, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Ability to travel (in future) as needed.
This position will be on a contract basis and will include compensation per hour commensurate with experience, with a maximum of 20 hours per week.
People of diverse communities and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email résumé and cover letter to:
Subject line: Development Manager Search
Learn more about us at http://vaccinateyourfamily.org
Applications will be accepted through October 30, 2020