Manager, Foundation Relations
2 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Asia Society is a global not-for-profit organization based in New York City dedicated to promoting mutual understanding among peoples, leaders, and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context. The position is part of the External Affairs that team focuses on strategically developing partnerships with foundations and governments to advance Asia Society’s pillars of arts and culture, education, and public policy.
· Secure funding for Asia Society programs by managing and growing a portfolio of foundation and government partners. Manage all phases of grant cycle from solicitation to renewal.
· Provide significant support for partnerships in Executive Director’s portfolio.
· Develop high-quality, complex written donor communications on diverse topics: letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, budgets, and other collateral tailored to interests and requirements of donors, and in collaboration with external affairs, program, and finance teams.
· Develop relationships and serve as point of contact with donor program officers.
· Identify prospects; conduct prospect research.
· Oversee moves management tracking; manage team pipeline and calendar;
· Represent team at internal meetings; represent organization externally to donors, at conferences and other events. Attend Asia Society programs including occasional morning and evening events (upon reopening).
· Manage special projects as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum 4 years of experience, and a track record of success, specifically in foundation fundraising. Experience and success with state and federal proposals is a strong plus.
· Experience working for a large national or international not for profit highly preferred.
· Exceptional writing skills. Experience translating complex and diverse programmatic issues into clear, well organized, compelling narratives aligning with donor guidelines and priorities.
· Knowledgeable about international and national grant makers, and experienced devising and implementing grant strategies.
· Excellent grant prospecting, presentation, and organizational skills required.
· Able to work independently, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and work effectively with diverse internal and external constituents.
· Knowledge and understanding of political and cultural environment of Asia highly preferable.
· Excellent customer service skills; handles workplace matters in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
· Experience and interest in working in a multicultural environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM platform and tools (Salesforce strongly preferred).
How To Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
List job code CP-2012 and job title in the subject line.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Manager, Foundation Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly