Chief Development Officer
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 79 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Reporting to the CEO and as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Development Officer (CDO) is responsible for providing visionary leadership and exceptional management of our Development and Membership functions. Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous communication, leadership and management skills, with proven success in nonprofit fundraising, membership and revenue generation at a global level. We are looking for a ground-breaking, global leader with strategic, creative, and financial acumen as well as a strong business intellect and passion to take our organization to the next level.
Desired Skills & Experience (copy/paste education and years of experience, key competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field. Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- At least 10 years direct experience in fundraising, including at a senior level.
- Experience leading, supervising and managing a large multi-disciplinary team, including the ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance.
- Experience working with current and evolving trends in major gift giving, complex gifts, solicitation, capital campaigns and Membership fundraising.
- Experience in cultivating and maintaining long term relationships with major donors, foundations and corporations and asking for and closing major and complex gifts.
- Experience communicating and presenting to varied audiences.
- Must be able to travel extensively both within the US and globally.
- Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Ability to foster an environment of creativity, professional growth and connectivity across the network of philanthropy professionals at the Conservancy.
- Capable of leading teams in a decentralized, matrix environment with a service-oriented approach to the field.
- Must be independent and self-motivated with the ability to participate effectively in a team environment.
- Superior analytical, strategic planning and problem-solving skills.
- Work and/or life experience understanding and dismantling systemic barriers to equity and inclusion and building a workplace culture in which all staff – especially people of color – feel welcome, included, and have equal access to opportunities for professional growth and impact.
How to Apply
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org. Search for job ID# 49034 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST November 1, 2020. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally – new positions are posted often!