Development Assistant, part-time, non-exempt
7 days left
- Employment Type
- Part Time
The Center for American and International Law is searching for a dedicated Development Assistant to assist our organization’s development team in creating and implementing strategies that ensure sustainability and organizational growth.
The Development Assistant is an integral member of CAIL’s Development team. The Development Assistant serves as the backbone of the operation by overseeing all administrative processes in place to manage donor relationships. Additionally, the Development Assistant tracks contributions, ensures timely acknowledgment of contributions, conducts research, coordinates development events and programs and assists the Vice President of Development with scheduling. He or she must be extremely detail-oriented and work to ensure delivery of impeccable donor services. The position reports to the Vice President of Development.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly manage updates to constituent database and constant contact mailing lists to ensure all contacts are properly moved through development process and coded appropriately.
- Manage gift acknowledgement process and produce donor letters on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with the Finance department on incoming gift processes.
- Coordinate, attend and draft minutes and other documents for Development Committee meetings.
- Assist with special events planning, preparation, and execution.
- Research potential prospects and add information to constituent database, e.g. meeting notes.
- Assist the Development department with the following duties: scheduling meetings, calendar and contacts maintenance, meeting preparation and follow-up, among additional responsibilities.
- Compile and create folders and marketing materials for Development prospect meetings.
- Write, proofread, edit, and send correspondence.
- Process reimbursements for department expenses.
- Meet and greet visitors for department meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA preferred with minimum of 1-3 years of experience in an area related to office administrative support, development, project management or event coordination. Degree in Public Relations or Marketing, a plus.
- Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, working with databases and internet research; knowledge of DonorPerfect, a plus.
- Exceptional skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities and problem solve.
- Excellent customer service abilities.
- Excellent reading, writing and grammar skills. Both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Ability to take initiative with projects and work independently.
- Knowledge of telephone and electronic mail protocol.
- Flexibility in schedule required.
This list of essential responsibilities and requirements is not intended to be exhaustive. CAIL reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Dallas/Plano area, preferred; remote work likely
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit your cover letter and resume
Apply for Development Assistant, part-time, non-exempt
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly