Chief Medical Officer
4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Responsible for the coordination, delivery and supervision of primary medical care services at Duffy Health Center. Participates in the planning, development, and coordination of clinical health care programs to meet community health care needs for a medically complex and homeless or at-risk population on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Establishes and maintains standards of patient care. Serves as a member of the Leadership Team.
The CMO position is 50% administrative and 50% clinical.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS- Administration
- In collaboration with the CEO, Leadership Team and clinical team, plans, develops and implements health care programs to meet community health care needs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of current medical care programs, studies medical utilization trends and other medical demographic data, and provides related guidance to the CEO and Board regarding findings and conclusions.
- Directs and coordinates all clinical aspects of medical care.
- Establishes and ensures the maintenance of professional medical practice.
- Develops written policies, protocols and procedures conforming to standards established by regulatory agencies.
- Monitors provider productivity and meets regularly with staff to improve productivity.
- Chairs the Performance Improvement Committee, provides leadership in Performance Improvement activities, and coordinates clinical quality efforts.
- Interviews and hires; monitors training; plans, assigns and directs work; evaluates, recognizes and rewards, disciplines and terminates staff in consultation with others.
- Interviews and recommends selection of volunteer physicians in all specialties.
- Collaborates with the Leadership Team of the Center including integrating care, enhancement of reimbursement efforts and grant writing for continued or new support.
OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES- Administration
- Effectively supervises physicians, mid-levels and clinical staff of 20.
- Convene and preside over clinical staff meetings.
- Leads clinical quality and clinical program development efforts and teams.
- Attend Management Team meetings, Duffy staff meetings, meetings of the board of directors and QI meetings.
- Works collaboratively with outside agencies including hospitals and provider groups.
- Works collaboratively with Associate Director for Clinic Operations to optimize workflow and productivity.
PATIENT CARE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in continuing education as required for professional license maintenance.
- Coordinates with patients, providers, hospitals, and outside organizations regarding patient care issues.
- Leads peer review by performing chart review and working with the quality improvement committee to develop clinical assessment tools, etc.
- Provides quality comprehensive primary care for a diverse population of at-risk patients. Provides direct patient care at least 16 hours/week in full time position, including, if needed, evening work.
- Provides education to patients on health promotion and disease prevention.
- Provides urgent and emergency care as required in the course of offering primary medical care.
- Provides, with other physician staff members, continuous physician coverage, while on-site or by telephone. CMO may be required to remain available to cover sites when colleagues are ill or on vacation.
- Prepares accurate correspondence, reports, and technical documentation as required for communication, recordkeeping, and/or reporting.
- Records all patient information timely using Electronic Medical Records, in accordance with the guidelines and standards of Duffy Health Center.
- Reviews and authorizes nurse’s notes and documentation required for billing purposes. Provides Duffy Health Center support staff with adequate physician leadership.
- Serves as physician supervisor for nurse practitioners and physician assistants, ensuring the highest quality clinical care for patients co-managed.
- Helps educate peers and other clinic staff by providing talks in areas of interest and expertise.
- Participates in the teaching of medical students and residents and acts as a role model and mentor for students, residents and fellows as indicated.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Must have a Medical degree (MD or DO)
- Must be licensed or eligible to be licensed to practice medicine in the state of Massachusetts
- Experience in an outpatient health clinic setting, and experience in a community health center setting working with underserved/vulnerable or homeless populations preferred
Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must be appropriately Board Certified or Board-Eligible in Primary Care specializing in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine, or other appropriate medical specialty
- Must successfully complete the required credentialing process
Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Travel may be required. Must be willing to participate in on-call activities. May be required to work evenings and weekends. May be required to provide patient care in locations away from primary work site.
- Work under the administrative direction of the Chief Executive Officer, and in accordance with professional standards and protocols. As a supervisor, the CMO establishes goals and objectives for patient care and assumes direct accountability for outcomes and performance. The CMO is also expected to resolve all conflicts which arise, and coordinate with others as necessary.
- The CMO works outside of normal business hours and/or at night as needed to perform duties of the position.
$210,000-$250,000 based on experience. Potential for productivity bonus.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS/ ABILITIES
A Candidate for this position should have:
- The lifeways and health needs of persons experiencing homelessness
- The Patient Centered Medical Home model
- Principles, practices, methods and techniques in the field of medicine
- Federal, state, and other applicable standards for clinical practice
- HIPAA regulations
- Health care issues related to homelessness including: mental illness, substance use disorder and trauma
- Protocol for handling crisis situations
- Appropriate supervision methods
- Making appropriate assessments and judgments and to learn and keep abreast of health care services developments
- Communicate effectively with patients and other health care providers
- Patient examination and diagnosis
- supervision of staff
- problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- written and verbal communication skills
- planning and organization skills
- Perform health care services tasks that fall within the scope of practice
- Use a computer for patient care documentation and general business purposes
- Remain flexible with work hour changes
- Effectively manage a full caseload of patients
- Manage multiple tasks and projects
- Collaborate and work effectively as part a multi-disciplinary team
- Interact effectively and appropriately with at-risk individuals
- Commit to the philosophy and mission of Duffy Health Center which serves the homeless and at-risk population
Send resume and cover letter to: HR@duffyhealthcenter.org
Apply for Chief Medical Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly