Director of Major Gifts
- Execute a strategic plan for increasing the revenue generated from donors in a portfolio with a concentration on seven and eight figure gifts.
- Design and implement overall engagement and fundraising strategies as part of the national development team, in order to continue the exponential growth of revenue coming from individual gifts.
- Generate approximately $10M per year in sustainable annual revenue, with appropriate increases in each subsequent year.
- Lead and manage a team of major and/or principal gift officers, as well as support staff in generating revenue for EDF, motivating talent and guiding staff in reaching their goals and fundraising totals. Provide oversight of and assist in developing sophisticated communications and strategic work plans.
- Identify, cultivate and steward major gifts prospects with an identified gift level of $1,000,000 and up.
- Meet one-on-one with prospects/donors and coordinate program staff and volunteers in the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts prospects. Staff meetings and appropriately brief program staff for meetings.
- Effectively represent and articulate the work of EDF, presenting a compelling case for support of the organization.
- Stay abreast of changes and innovations in federal and state tax laws that may be relevant to major gifts prospects.
- Oversee the drafting and editing of proposals and reports for potential donors, working closely with the donor communications department to ensure they are compelling, visionary program ideas to present to donors and prospects.
- Assist in setting and meeting annual income goals for major gifts prospects and donors in portfolio.
- Assist other development officers on special projects or efforts that contribute to the organization’s larger regional and national development goals.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible management positions in fast-paced fundraising organizations with demonstrated success as a front-line fundraiser.
- Well-honed skills in developing donor cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- A commitment to Environmental Defense Fund’s mission and values.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; a high level of comfort with direct donor interaction, including discussions of personal and family finances.
- Well-developed communication skills, including excellent writing ability and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, fundraising databases.
- Creativity, energy, confidence, and integrity. High level of discretion and respect for donor privacy.
- Initiative and independence combined with the ability to work well as part of team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive.
- Willingness to travel out of state.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Alumni Affairs Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Annual Fund Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Capital Campaigns Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Corporate and Foundation Relations Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City