Senior Manager, Development and Communications
5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Global Citizens Initiative, Inc. (GCI) is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization that engages, educates and empowers the next generation of global citizens (https://www.globalci.org/). The cornerstone of GCI is its annual 9-day educational Summit that aims to globalize the perspectives of 28 secondary school students from different socio-economic backgrounds and cultures and transform them into lifelong leaders of positive change. The Summit launches a 9-month Fellowship during which students plan and implement service projects in their home communities, based on one or more of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
In 2019, GCI celebrated the 6th anniversary of the Summit and for the first time hosted the program overseas in Tokyo, Japan. GCI is looking to build upon its impact to date by clarifying its overall strategy, improving its fundraising efforts and external communications and considering how best to work with students in a virtual environment. To achieve these goals, GCI seeks a Senior Manager, Development and Communications who will work closely with the President and the Chief Operating Officer (COO), as well as with the rest of the GCI team.
Those who have an interest in education, international cultures and social enterprise will enjoy working at this mission-driven organization. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, GCI cancelled its 2020 programming and its next Summit for secondary school students will be held during the summer of 2021 at the University of St Andrews in Scotland. The new role of Senior Manager, Development and Communications, presents an exciting opportunity to contribute to a small and dynamic organization as it considers how best to expand its reach and address its next stage of growth.
Located in Greenwich, Connecticut, GCI’s office is less than a 5-minute walk from the Greenwich Metro-North train station, which is an express stop on the commuter line from New York City.
Senior Manager, Development and Communications – Responsibilities
Fundraising, Grant Writing and Stewardship
The Senior Manager will lead GCI’s development strategy and implementation. S/he will raise money and steward donors from initial engagement through solicitation to reporting on outcomes. S/he will create outreach campaigns, research prospects, engage active donors, write grant proposals and manage fundraising events. S/he will collaborate with the President and COO on GCI’s overall strategy and on outreach to foundations, corporations and individual donors. Working closely with the GCI team, s/he will plan and manage or help plan and manage fundraising and stewardship events throughout the year, including informational lunches, cocktail parties, dinners and GCI’s bi-annual golf outing.
The Senior Manager will define how GCI is presented including the overall branding, to its various stakeholders, ensuring there is growing interest in funding, participating in its programs. From advising the President on presentations for a major donor to ensuring the language in all communications is consistent and compelling, s/he will be responsible for GCI’s messaging across all platforms and materials. Areas of responsibility will include, the GCI website, brochures, presentations, social media, email marketing, newsletters, press and media relations, marketing videos and the GCI Annual Report. A strong foundation in the technical aspects of marketing is highly desired in this role, including the ability to create marketing materials and presentations using multiple software programs, edit photos, drive search engine optimization and post across various social media platforms.
Senior Manager, Development and Communications – Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited college/university
- MBA, MPA, MS in Nonprofit Management or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of fulltime work experience, which should
include at least 3 of the following:
- grant writing
- business development
- Previous nonprofit experience is essential, previous social enterprise experience is a plus
- Skilled in developing or contributing to effective marketing campaigns and collateral
- Adept at writing successful grant and funding proposals - a huge plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce)
- Familiar with design software (e.g., Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- International experience and multiple language skills are highly desirable
Senior Manager, Development and Communications – Skills and Characteristics
- Superior interpersonal skills with a “can-do” attitude
- A strong writer with good editing skills
- Highly organized and extremely detailed oriented
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, strategic and creative
- Technologically astute and adept at social media
- Flexible and able to pivot, as required
- Capable of meeting/exceeding fundraising targets
- Familiar with a variety of fundraising approaches
- Skilled in planning and executing events
- Interested in education, sustainability and working with youth
- Globally minded
In addition to a competitive salary, GCI offers all fulltime employees medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401K plan with an employer match, commuter benefits and very generous time off.
For those interested in applying, please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate your salary requirements and where you learned of this position.
Global Citizens Initiative, Inc. (GCI) www.globalci.org is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, global social enterprise registered in Greenwich, Connecticut. GCI empowers young global citizens from around the world and from all sectors of society to be lifelong leaders of positive change
Apply for Senior Manager, Development and Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly