Director, Strategic Growth
POSITION OVERVIEW: Define American is seeking an experienced, energetic and multi-talented leader to join its team as a full-time Director, Strategic Growth. The successful candidate will build our brand and oversee fundraising and strategic initiatives for our growing organization.
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Operations, Strategic Growth
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
TRAVEL: 20% (During COVID-19, no travel will be permitted by staff. All meetings will be held remotely until a suitable treatment or vaccine is developed and distributed nationwide)
- Develop and execute Define American’s annual fundraising plan, including growing a major gifts program, digital fundraising and fundraising events, and executing sponsorship strategies for key organization-wide initiatives.
- Secure financial support from foundations, corporations, and build an individual donor base using innovative strategies.
- Obtains contacts for potential donors from Board members, makes telephone or in-person contact and introduces donors to the key members of organizational leadership.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities with Strategic Develop staff to maintain and grow Define American’s diverse funding sources, and sponsorships for special projects.
- Direct and implement a comprehensive full-cycle grants management process.
- Nurture the development and maintenance of ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Manage the implementation of databases and help oversee staff responsible for data entry, gift processing, and reporting.
- Experience growing an organization from roughly $4 million to $7+ million annually
- At least five years of progressively gaining responsibilities and experience in fundraising and a strong familiarity with and network of funders in the cultural, arts, and social justice space
- BA/BS or higher required, MA/MS preferred
- Valid driver’s license; travel is necessary for this position
- Must be an exceptional strategist, adept communicator, expert collaborator, and superior project manager with the ability to build trust, inspire confidence, manage change, and work in partnership with key partners to communicate major initiatives to key stakeholders both within and beyond the organization
- Ability to integrate into a fast-paced, team-first work environment, embracing and supporting coworkers in their objectives and goals Leadership and team management experience
- Experience developing and maintaining fruitful relationships with foundations and philanthropic professionals
- Knowledge of the techniques for disseminating information through various channels of communication including print, web, email and various existing and new social media channels
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- The ability to write clearly and succinctly
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, planning and organizational skills, and the ability to handle several duties simultaneously
- Self-sufficient and proactive
- Community-mindedness and a passion for social justice a plus
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 401K match
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Health and Wellness Program
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your employment application, along with all requested documents, via our employment application portal.
NOTE: Define American goes through an incredibly intentional process for hiring new team members and will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Thank you for your patience and interest in joining our family of cultural change-makers!
Define American is an equal opportunity employer and 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, and evaluate all candidates based on merit.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Community Foundations jobs in Los Angeles
- Annual Fund Community Foundations jobs in Los Angeles
- Corporate and Foundation Relations Community Foundations jobs in Los Angeles
- Donor Relations Community Foundations jobs in Los Angeles
- Fundraising Administration Community Foundations jobs in Los Angeles