Director of Education
Passionate about Diversity, Social Justice and the Arts?
Want to Transform the lives of young people through the power of music education?
Apply to become a candidate for Director of Education at a Detroit-based organization globally recognized for its track record in artistic excellence, transformative impact and community relevance!
The Sphinx Organization is the national organization dedicated to transforming lives through the power of diversity in the arts. This position is directly responsible for oversight and implementation of the educational programs at the Sphinx Organization. The Director of Education manages the nationally renowned Sphinx Performance Academy and Sphinx Overture program yearlong and summer editions (honored at the White House by First Lady Michelle Obama).
Successful candidates will possess the following basic qualities/requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 2 years of experience in related field (pedagogy/performance/strings/arts administration)
- Passion and deep understanding of Sphinx’s mission and core values
- Exceptionally driven, dynamic and adaptive
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong sense of accountability and professional ownership
- Commitment to young people and music education
- Ability to manage time, people and complex details
- Ability and desire to travel to programs (focused on summer)
- Effective computer skills and facility with spreadsheets and databases
Main responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage the faculty and in-school partnerships for the Detroit and Flint-based Sphinx Overture program
- Oversee the integrity of implementation of all curricular and youth development aspects of the Sphinx Overture Program’s yearlong and summer editions
- Manage the faculty and community partnerships for the national Sphinx Performance Academy (in Cleveland, Philadelphia and New York)
- Oversee the integrity of implementation of all curricular and youth development aspects of the Sphinx Performance Academy
- Work collaboratively with the Development and Programming Teams, reporting directly to the President and Artistic Director
Salary commensurate with experience and needs of the position.
Please upload salary history/requirements, cover letter and resume here. Resumes accepted immediately until October 13th, 2020, 3 pm ET.