Director of Philanthropy
The Director of Philanthropy is a leadership team member position responsible for developing, establishing, and carrying out effective multi-year fundraising programs to support the on-going programs, projects, and activities of the National Corvette Museum (NCM). Specific roles of focus include furthering a culture of philanthropy at the Museum, building and maintaining donor relationships, and securing significant financial resources from individuals, foundations, corporations, and others to support the Museum’s mission. This position will also lead future capital campaign efforts. Approximately 30% of this role will be domestic travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and successfully carry out a fundraising strategy, working closely with the President & CEO and Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Prepare and/or assist with preparation of communication materials to aid in securing major gifts and to support donor engagement.
- Secure commitments of donation and/or participation from donors.
- Ensure donors are thanked in a timely manner.
- Recruit sponsors, participants, and/or volunteers for fundraising events.
- Ensure preparation of materials for charitable events, such as fundraising envelopes, bid sheets, gift bags, etc.
- Work closely with the President & CEO and other leadership team members to identify income-generating opportunities.
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team to create deliverables for our corporate sponsors.
- Establish fundraising and/or participation goals for special events and specified time periods.
- Attend events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals and to solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Monitor and regularly report to the leadership team on the progress of fundraising initiatives and secured donations.
- Travel within the continental U.S. to visit with donor prospects and present philanthropic opportunities to Corvette Clubs.
- Responsibilities are not all inclusive, additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or other related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years of progressive experience in the fundraising arena, particularly in the areas of successful major donor recruitment and retention, successful donor campaigns, strategic planning, and fundraising program development.
TO APPLY: Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to HR@corvettemuseum.org
Apply for Director of Philanthropy
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly