Senior Manager for Historic Sites Fundraising
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
This position is responsible for growing philanthropic revenue for National Trust Historic Sites across all National Trust departments and platforms, managing high-level operational functions and projects, and providing project support with the Development Division as it relates to increasing contributed revenue from individual donors, foundations, corporations, and federal, state and local government agencies with a focus on gifts of $25k+. This position serves as a key liaison between National Trust Development Division staff and the Historic Sites Department, as well as executive directors and their teams at individual National Trust Historic Sites. This position requires a driven professional with the creativity, flexibility, and exceptional attention to detail to handle a high volume of challenges and a wide variety of changing projects and tasks.
- Working in collaboration with development leadership, leads strategic planning and execution of fundraising efforts aimed at securing philanthropic revenue in support of operations and special projects at National Trust Historic Sites to meet short-term and long-term revenue targets. The primary area of focus for these duties will be at stewardship sites that are owned and operated by the National Trust, especially those sites that receive unrestricted support as a part of the National Trust’s annual budget.
- Develops and manages a robust portfolio of high capacity donors and prospective donors, including establishing projected ask amounts and use of gift and timeline.
- Develops and drives revenue forecast to meet annual revenue requirements.
- Works in collaboration with NTHP leadership, including National Trust Board of Trustee members and members of NTC and site advisory councils, to assist with fundraising.
- Participates in two major annual Site Directors Meetings and other major meetings and events throughout the year to stay abreast of programs at sites and identify/engage site directors in developing fundraising targets.
- Coordinates stewardship of donors to National Trust Historic Sites, including preparing donor stewardship reports (written and financial in collaboration with program and finance staff) for special gifts and endowments.
- Conducts research and creates profiles on donor prospects, independently and in collaboration with the Development Data Analytics team.
- Uses CRM system to manage donor and prospect information, including moves management system to build and manage donor pipeline, records contact reports and significant donor interactions, and supports the development of revenue forecasts.
- Leads a standing meeting between Development and Historic Sites Departments to discuss major gift initiatives and fundraising from foundations, individual major donors, government funders, and corporations. Serves as liaison between Historic Sites and Development, providing updates on fundraising needs.
- Identifies opportunities to engage organizational leaders, including President and CEO, Executive Team members, and other leadership team members throughout the organization, including National Trust Historic Sites.
- Collaborates with the Development Communications team to survey how individual donors to Historic Sites are acknowledged, recognized, and stewarded, and makes recommendations to improve stewardship of donors to sites and increase the National Trust’s revenue through its historic sites.
- Collaborates with Individual Giving team to provide regular updates on Historic Sites work and needs, develop proposals and follow up on donor communications.
- Stays up-to-date with key National Trust staff, partners, trustees, and donors and provides this information to other departments and divisions of the National Trust as needed. Manages communications with key donors and partners on behalf of the Chief Development Officer as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- At least 8 years of professional level experience required, particularly including fundraising and nonprofit management.
- Experience managing large or complex projects and building relationships with staff and stakeholders. Demonstrated success collaborating across divisions including 150+ full-time staff. May manage interns, volunteers, or staff on projects as needed.
- Must be highly motivated, comfortable working in a team setting, and a conscientious self-starter with strong time management and organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Advanced project-management skills, including project budgeting and planning. Ability to achieve results with limited supervision.
- Effective presentation skills. Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills, as well as strong verbal communication and customer service skills. Strong organizational skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience successfully managing key stakeholders and relationships. Proven ability to collaborate across departments to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders. Public contact and ability to work successfully in close proximity to others required.
- Demonstrated success in engaging culturally diverse colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion. Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment. Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions required. Able to handle frequently changing and/or unscheduled tasks with accuracy.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Demonstrated advanced competence in Microsoft Office programs, specifically, Excel and Power Point and using MS Outlook for extensive high-level scheduling and calendar management. Proficient in Adobe InDesign and experience in e-communications and social media platforms. Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Experience and knowledge of using CRM database management systems (knowledge of ROI CRM a plus)
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Some travel required.