Resource Development Manager
Position Title: Resource Development Manager
Classification: salary, exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
The Development Officer works with the Executive Director and the PLOWS Board to develop and maintain a successful corporate, foundation, and individual donor solicitation program and to develop and manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects and individual donors. This particular position will be tasked with assisting the Executive Director and other team members of PLOWS with creating a foundation from which to build a resource development department.
- Build a successful giving program by identifying prospects, designing and implementing strategies, and producing materials, proposals, and applications as needed
- Build a sustainable financial giving model for the organization
- Meet annual fundraising goals per the development strategic operating plan
- Develop and maintain a successful corporate, foundation, and individual solicitation program, including the developing a strategic operating plan, identifying priorities and prospects, and building resources and connections to implement the plan.
- Create and manage a portfolio of corporate, foundation, and individual prospects, communicate with current and prospective donors to build relationships and secure grants and donations
- Develop strategic briefing and communication materials
- Develop and track strategies for cultivating, soliciting, stewarding, and recognizing donors
- Maintain the integrity of donor relationships, including the understanding of the needs and interests of major donors
- Produce and manage donor correspondence, including annual campaign appeals
- Engage and support staff and board in the soliciting and stewarding donors
- Work with Board and the Executive Director to secure sponsorship of special events
- Work with the Community Relations Specialist and Marketing/Communications Manager to increase awareness of PLOWS in the greater community
- Coordinate events required to interact with donors (conferences/symposiums, galas, etc.)
- Oversee and maintain DonorPerfect; ensure the quality and timely submission of all grant applications, reports and data
- Provide regular fundraising updates to Executive Director and Board
- Track record in fund raising; past success with a capital campaign a plus
- Bachelors degree preferred, along with 3+ years and a proven track record in raising money in a nonprofit environment, including direct mail campaigns, donor relations, and corporate and foundation relationship management
- Results-driven with highly developed interpersonal skills, excellent oral/written presentation skills – especially correspondence with donors and prospects
- Comfortable operating in a nonprofit, resource-limited environment
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Skill with databases and presentations; familiarity/experience with DonorPerfect software a plus
- Ability to work both independently and on team projects with a diverse constituency of staff and donors
- Maturity to work with highly visible civic, philanthropic, and business leaders
- Uphold the Mission, Vision and Values of PLOWS
- Maintain staff, volunteer, donor and guest confidentiality at all times
- Upbeat, positive, and energetic approach to work and energized by the opportunity to build the resource development program for PLOWS
- All employees must successfully pass a criminal background check.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter, in pdf format, to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the code Dev920 in the subject line of your email.