Director of Philanthropy II
The Director of Philanthropy II will work collaboratively with the Chief Advancement Officer and Chief Executive Officer to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual, corporate, and foundation funds on a national level. The position requires a high degree of professionalism and an ability to interact with a variety of organizations and individuals to increase the visibility and fundraising success of the National Council. There are no formal supervisory responsibilities.
This position requires travel for donor relations; physical mobility is necessary. Work venues vary from office, to social events, to presentations, to large and small meetings and interactions with individuals. Some evening/weekend work is required. The ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and handle tension and stress in a positive manner is necessary to be successful in this role.
- Strategically manage a portfolio of corporate, foundation, and individual prospects
- Participate in a collaborative moves management strategy
- Initiate contact with prospective donors and create cultivation strategies for each
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in all circumstances
- Build a network of relationships with Vincentians, Council, and National Foundation leadership, donors, and national staff
- Craft a result-driven strategy for building strong relationships with individuals, national corporate sponsors, and/or other partner organizations/businesses
- Manage a portfolio of 150-175 donors and prospects
- Oversee each step of the donor pipeline: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Write proposals for funding and manage the efforts of outside grant writers
- Develop individual donor strategies, renewing and upgrading gifts, deepening relationships with the National Council
- Collaborate nationally to enhance relationships with corporations, foundations, and individuals for philanthropic investment
- Incorporate planned giving wherever possible in philanthropy communications
- Record all donor strategies and communications in the CRM
- Provide regular reports on progress to goal and strategies to reach goal
- Maintain confidentiality about any proprietary data and privileged information concerning SVdP, its donors, staff, members, volunteers, entities and programs.
- Assist in the implementation of the National Strategic Plan goals
- Other assignments as determined by the Chief Advancement Officer and/or the Chief Executive Officer
Key Competencies of the Position:
- Understanding of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, its mission and values
- Knowledgeable of development principles, fundraising strategies and ethics, and familiarity with the “moves management” process
- The ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with individuals and corporations
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of five years’ professional experience in nonprofit fundraising, with progressive responsibility and a proven record of successful donor engagement
- Experience with Donor Perfect or other comprehensive CRM software.
- Knowledge of grant identification, development, and management, particularly for federal, state and private foundation grants.
- Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing, including budget development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of local and national government and private foundations.
- A record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding philanthropic relationships with high-profile individuals, foundations, and corporate leaders
- Experience in building strategic relationships and partnerships for long-term collaborations
- Strong critical thinking skills, big-picture, creative strategic thinking
- Experience working with grant writers or other funding proposal collaboration
- Skilled in oral and written presentations
- Build trust internally and externally and command a professional image
- Ability to work independently, to be a self-starter, to manage multiple projects, set and manages priorities, make sound decisions, and meet deadlines
- Minimum of a bachelor degree (preferred Masters) in a related field
- Enhance the operational effectiveness of the National Council Office staff
- Provide fundraising assistance to Arch/Diocesan Councils and individual Conferences throughout the United States
- Develop relationships with individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Willing and able to travel nationally
- Support the Rule (SVdPUSA governance manual) and By-Laws of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the Society and all pertinent legal regulations
- Prepare and accomplish annual performance objectives
- Participate in annual self-evaluation and performance review
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Director of Philanthropy II
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly