New America seeks full-time Development Coordinator who will handle administrative functions and other projects to support New America’s development and fundraising activities.
- Update Salesforce (SF) contact, organization, event, and gift records and conduct additional research as needed to complete records
- Assist with corporate engagement strategy through research and event support
- Assist with national and regional foundation research for organization, program and initiative level opportunities
- Assist with individual donor solicitation groups--merge letters, gather enclosures, assemble packets, etc.
- Coordinate research in preparation for fundraising trips by front line fundraisers, President, CEO and additional New America staff
- Draft emails, letters and other communication to donors
- Track incoming payments and reconcile revenue records on a regular basis
- Manage the flow of acknowledgement letters to donors
- Manage the Development team calendar
- Provide logistical support for events through Salesforce maintenance, research, and coordination.
- Timely management of organization’s ‘Charitable Solicitation Registrations’ (CSR)
- Other administrative tasks as required to ensure the team and New America’s success.
- Graduate of a college or university or possessing relevant professional experience;
- An interest in fundraising, non-profit management, and/or business administration in a public policy setting
- Work or internship experience in an office setting or another non-profit preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel, and Google Docs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and good time management skills
- Possess high integrity and an ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce and data maintenance
- S/he should be a self-starter with a positive attitude who can take on projects with minimal supervision
- Experience with fundraising preferred
- S/he must have a good sense of humor
- Thrives as a team member in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- May need to work (some) evenings and weekends and capable of planning and managing independent travel.
- The incumbent may be asked to perform additional duties and take on other responsibilities as dictated by events and circumstances.
Please submit a resume and one-page cover letter addressing why you are interested in the Development Coordinator position with New America.
Please, no phone calls or emails.
New America is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.