Direct Mail (Annual Fund) Specialist
Listen up! A direct marketing Smooth Operator wanted!
You know who you are:
- A direct mail enthusiast who believes in the power of print communication to strengthen organizational branding and messaging while bolstering giving through all channels.
- Obsessed with doing top-notch work; you hit every deadline (sometimes ahead of time) and keep everyone on track … and never break a sweat.
- Highly organized with a keen eye for detail and you know how to keep multiple projects moving forward at lightning speed!
- Passionate about putting your gifts to work in a well-resourced, well respected, important, life-saving organization.
- (By this bullet you’re already dreaming of perfectly synchronized donor cultivation campaigns integrated across print, digital and telemarketing channels…)
- And, of course, eager to take your direct marketing career to the next level in an organization that has a strong team culture and invests in real professional growth!
We know you’re all that and more … so shout it from the rooftops: “That’s me! That’s me!” … or, better yet, apply to be Alameda County Community Food Bank’s next Direct Mail (Annual Fund) Specialist.
Alameda County Community Food Bank has achieved notable success in recent years — and is currently responding to an incredible increase in need in our community due to the pandemic and recession. Even with a passionate network of 280+ agency partners serving more clients — and distributing more food – than ever before, we’ve expanded our services even further to meet the growth in need. We’re partnering with 11 school districts and started four drive-through distributions that are serving thousands of families.
As a member of the Food Bank’s Development Division, the Direct Mail (Annual Fund) Specialist is a key player in a well-established Annual Fund Team. The Direct Mail (Annual Fund) Specialist works under the supervision and mentoring of the Director of Annual Fund, coordinating the execution of a robust direct mail and telemarketing program. This role owns all of the details and deadlines of ACCFB’s direct mail and telemarketing programs, concurrently managing 3-5 highly complex campaigns monthly, serving as the primary liaison with related vendors, and partnering with the Development Operations team on all data and analytics. The ideal candidate has at least two years of experience with direct mail management. They are a strong project manager, highly organized with impeccable attention to detail and the ability to herd cats (you’ll have to decide if we mean that literally or figuratively). The person in this role has the proven ability to collaborate with people inside the organization as well as with external partners. Importantly, this person is committed to the Food Bank’s mission and doing great work to further our pursuit of a nourished, equitable and more just Alameda County.
With our current strategic plan, we are setting a bold trajectory for the long-term work required to dismantle the systems that perpetuate poverty, including racism. Our staff regularly engage in conversations about race, class, power and privilege as part of our organizational commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 years of experience in multi-channel direct marketing working with online and offline direct response campaigns. Experience project managing a nonprofit program with $3M+ in annual revenue a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with complex project management, setting and driving timelines and deliverables, and building consensus in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently, complete projects within tight timeframes and work effectively while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior computer skills including MS Office Suite, fundraising databases/CRMs such as Blackbaud or Salesforce.
- Strong analytical skills to monitor and evaluate campaign outcomes. Ability to maintain accurate records, perform queries, compile data and derive insights.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail; strong planning and organizational skills.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability and be a strong team player.
- Superior customer service skills including empathy, tact, patience and problem-solving. Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and professional relationships.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to creatively engage others in the organization’s work.
- Ability to maintain accurate records, perform queries, compile data and derive insights.
- Comfort and experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Valid California Driver’s License with insurable driving record. (Personal vehicle not required.)
Personal Attributes and Values
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, innovation and diversity.
- A proactive and creative problem solver who thrives under pressure and knows how to drive for results.
- Sees opportunity in challenges. Flexible and adaptive, with the ability to quickly pivot and overcome project setbacks.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty; ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation toward constant innovation and process improvement.
- Engaging, persuasive, outgoing and possessing a sense of humor deftly combined with a can-do attitude.
This work is located in an office environment. Physical activities necessary in the performance of this job include: sitting at a computer workstation for up to five hours at a time; moving throughout the 118,000 sq ft. Food Bank facility in performance of duties; carrying up to 30 lbs. on occasion; conducting donor tours in warehouse; communicating in clear speaking voice in person, before large groups and over the phone; interpreting instructions and questions when asked; operating computer equipment.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt position working Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (7.5 hour workday, 1 hour unpaid lunch break). The non-negotiable starting hourly wage is $34.35 per hour (approximately $66,900 per year). We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
- Medical: ACCFB pays 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for our Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO and PPO plans are available.
- Dental: 100% employer-paid for employees and their dependents.
- Vision: Paid by employees.
- Paid time off, starting at: 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 11 holidays, and four paid early closures annually.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending and Commuter Accounts.
- Employer-paid life, A&DD & LTD insurance, as well as buy-up options for increased coverage.
- 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after one year. Fully vested at three years.
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and dependents.
- Free ongoing 1:1 financial coaching and access to an interest, service fee and credit requirement-free short-term loan program after six-months on staff.
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please submit your resume and answer the application questions on our careers page located at accfb.org/careers.
Alameda County Community Food Bank honors our differences and is committed to creating a workplace that celebrates and reflects the diversity of our Community. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.