Established in 1967, Sound Generations is a comprehensive non-profit organization that serves older adults and adults with disabilities in King County. Our mission is to support people on their aging journey through community connections and accessible services.
We are currently seeking a Grants Manager to join the Marketing & Philanthropy Team.
Interviews for this position will commence on or around November 9th.
The Grants Manager is responsible for researching, developing, and preparing grant proposals to corporations and foundations. Partners with marketing and philanthropy team to successfully apply for funding opportunities for programmatic and event initiatives, report on program outcomes, and share Sound Generations’ story from a strengths-based perspective.
- Research and identify prospective funding partners in alignment with Sound Generations’ mission.
- Develop compelling proposals, seek new funding opportunities, and report on funding impact.
- Work closely with staff members to synthesize program activities, data, and financials for proposals and reports.
- Write and prepare grant proposals, reports, LOIs to prospective funding partners by persuasively communicating Sound Generations' goals, mission, and programs.
- Manages the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Comply with funder guidelines during grant submission and reporting.
- Develop annual grants plan in partnership with the Chief Marketing & Philanthropy Officer.
- Develop and maintain a grant proposal and opportunities calendar.
- Stewardship for a small portfolio of family foundations
- Maintain funder information, strategy, and moves in donor database.
- Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote equity and inclusion. Participates in events related to understanding institutional racism and other forms of oppression.
- Assumes and effectively discharges other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in Business Administration or related field required. Four (4) years' of directly related (or similar) experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in fundraising environment.
Skills & Abilities
- Direct experience working with Salesforce or other fundraising software for prospect research.
- Ability to translate programmatic information and data into concise, compelling, asset-based, and mission-centered narratives.
- Ability to manage deadlines and produce quality results with attention to detail.
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Understanding of budgets and ability to understand organization's finances and financial systems.
- Demonstrated experience writing grants and proposals.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sound Generations values a diverse workforce. It’s the policy of Sound Generations to provide equal opportunity to all persons seeking or having access to its employment, services and activities, which is free from restriction based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
There are no limitations to who’s a best fit to serve our local communities. If we call you for an interview and you need specific accommodations, please let us know! We’re happy to make the arrangements. We’ll need to know ten (10) days in advance to make sure we get you situated.
For best results, please call our Human Resources department at 206.727.6240. You’re also welcome to mail your request to Human Resources.
Details at a glance:
- Location: Downtown Seattle
- Pay Range: $59,280 - $67,600 USD Annually
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
How to Apply
Please visit: https://soundgenerations.org/careers/
To be considered, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume.