Springboard Advancement and Communications Specialist
Penn State Hillel seeks a passionate and driven communication and fundraising professional to serve as Springboard Advancement and Communications Specialist. The Springboard Advancement and Communications Specialist will be a critical member of an energetic team focused on the implementation of the Annual Development Plan. The successful candidate will be a key player in creating and sharing Penn State Hillel’s written voice with the greater Penn State Jewish community. You will utilize your skills to write solicitation pieces, manage digital platforms, and supervise student interns to inspire investment in Penn State Hillel by alumni, parents and friends. You will be responsible for expanding the brand recognition of Penn State Hillel to current and future stakeholders.
This is an exciting new position with an opportunity to make an immediate impact on the lives of more than 5,000 Jewish students at Penn State University. This person will report to the Director of Development and be based in the Philadelphia, PA area.
What you’ll do:
- Lead planning, implementation, and execution of print and
digital solicitation campaigns including:
- Direct mail fundraising
- Digital and social media fundraising
- Giving Tuesday and Hillel Global Giving Week
- Optimize campaigns for messaging, voice, and segmentation to maximize income
- Incorporate A/B testing, personalization and other digital marketing best practices
- Oversee the creation of digital and social media campaigns on several platforms; optimizing copy, images/video, and audiences for conversion with support of interns
- Use reporting tools to measure and monitor the progress of the overall campaigns in order to meet or exceed fundraising goals
- Provide supervision and mentoring to student interns to
- Monthly stakeholder newsletters
- Weekly student newsletters
- Website and social media platforms
- Work collaboratively with other development staff on overall fundraising, communications, and marketing efforts
- These efforts will expand our audience including students and stakeholders, and the role you can play in their ongoing digital engagement
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree; 1-2 years of relevant professional work preferred; prior development or communications experience is a plus but not required
- Excellent written communication skills
- Superior organizational, planning and project management skills; must be detail-oriented
- Familiarity with general principles in fundraising
- Understanding of audience segmentation and using data to inform decision-making
- Familiarity using a database or CRM to build reports and/or segment audiences
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically in order to reach goals
- Experience creating content for digital and social media
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Connection to Jewish life and/or Hillel
What you’ll get out of the position:
- A cohort experience as part of Hillel International’s prestigious Springboard Fellowship
- High-level professional development to help develop core skills and gain expertise from communications and fundraising experts
- Enrichment and educational experiences that will provide you with the knowledge, passion, and critical tool kit to fuel your work building our Jewish communities
- The ability to lead and grow new initiatives from the ground up with support from senior management
- Mentoring and career coaching to help you during and after your Fellowship.
- A network of terrific colleagues from across the Hillel movement
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- A base salary of $40,000 per year
What we’re about:
Penn State Hillel’s mission is to enrich the lives of the estimated 5,000 Jewish students at Penn State so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. Penn State Hillel’s student leaders, staff, and stakeholders passionately nurture a pluralistic, welcoming, and inclusive environment for Jewish college students where they are encouraged to develop new and innovative ways to explore their Judaism. Penn State Hillel is dedicated to creating a staff team with a family-like atmosphere where professionals are valued and supported in their personal and professional journeys, and are challenged to deepen their critical thinking and decision-making abilities. Penn State Hillel is committed to excellence, innovation, accountability, and results. Penn State Hillel is known for its strong staff culture and extremely high employee engagement, and is in the midst of dramatic organizational growth, transforming from a medium-sized campus organization into one of the premier centers for Jewish student life in the country, soon to be operating out of a new, state-of-the-art facility.
Penn State Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Penn State was ranked 7th in Washington Monthly’s 2009 national college rankings, was #3 on its list of Top 100 Best U.S. College and University Programs, and is included on Newsweek’s list of the 50 Top Global Universities. In 2005, the NASDAQ rated Penn State University as the Best Center for Entrepreneurship in the United States. Penn State features THON—the largest student-run philanthropy in the world—which raised $11.7 Million in 2020, and has one of the highest application rates to Teach for America.
Apply at www.Hillel.org/Jobs and include your resume and cover letter.