Financial Systems Manager
About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is a global non-profit organization that
works to protect the Internet as a place of opportunity. We connect
and empower communities to ensure the Internet remains
trustworthy—open, globally connected, secure, and a resource for
good in the world. We believe the Internet is for everyone. But
it’s more than just a privilege; it’s our responsibility to improve
We mobilize technologist, end users, potential users, policymakers, government agencies and institutional and corporate partners to defend and promote the collaborative inter-networking, technical standards, and protocols that grow and strengthen the Internet.
If you believe in the power and possibility of the Internet, be part of our mission.
About the Position
The Financial Systems Manager will leverage deep financial and technical experience to create plans and implement strategic initiatives to increase efficiencies and support scalability in the Financial Systems area.
This role is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of financial systems projects ensuring consistency with department strategy, commitments, and goal. This position performs a crucial role to create and maintain a strategic relationship with Finance team and other operational teams. The Financial Systems Manager will be responsible for identifying opportunities for improving business processes and systems and bridging the needs of the organization with the use of financial data and tools.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience with system implementations, process improvement and project management methodologies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Director, Financial Systems to implement long-term departmental strategy, planning and transformation activities.
- Support Director, Financial Systems in development of team annual goals and roadmap prioritization.
- Make recommendations to develop and define processes and policies ensuring industry best practices.
- Manage financial system support services and ensure service levels are acceptable.
- Responsible for financial data architecture, design and system integration across financial systems.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise across the team for the overall design and configuration of financial systems applications and integration environments to support new and existing business requirements and improvements.
- Manage and perform complex business and systems analysis work, root cause analysis and provide forward thinking, long term solutions.
- Manage and design, scope, and build innovative solutions that automate and scale Internet Society’s financial
- Manage cross-functional requirement process to elicit and analyze business requirements and functional specifications.
- Manage critical financial systems and processes: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues and incidents and provide day-to-day administration of the critical business systems that drive the finance operations.
- Draw from experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend other key technologies required to support and improve the business processes centered within the eco-system
- Manage the Compilation, preparation and updates of documentation including, technical procedures documents, business requirements documents, functional designs, test scripts, test plans, and training materials
- Escalate to project and business management as needed when goals and timelines will not be met.
- Manage external partner’s work and relationships.
- Handle multiple priorities and complex tasks in a hyper growing work environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in Information Systems, Finance, or other analytics-related fields.
- A good understanding of key financial business processes.
- Strong Project Management skills required.
- Hands on experience managing, designing and configuring Financial systems and integrating with other cross functional business systems.
- Experience with leading and managing full system implementation life-cycles.
- Proven work history in delivering key initiatives, new product launches, deployment of business applications and reducing inefficiencies.
- Hands-on experience with SaaS financial and integration applications.
- Experience managing systems that handle sensitive data, SOX controls and change management processes.
- A demonstrated understanding of data, system architecture and application\system integration mechanisms.
- Proactive attitude, ability to work independently manage staff and a desire to continuously learn new skills and technologies.
- Proven ability to lead/manage multiple projects/work streams simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, at all levels including vendors, peers, business stakeholders and management required.
- International organizations or companies and nonprofit experience is a Plus.
- NetSuite Certification is a Plus.
- Experience with Global/International Nonprofit accounting is a plus
- Some travel may be required
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and objectives.
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications. Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee. More information about the Internet Society can be found at https://www.internetsociety.org/