DIRECTOR OF ENGAGEMENT AND IMPACT
SOS Children's Villages, one of the world's largest organizations dedicated to the care of orphaned and vulnerable children, operates in 135 countries, including the United States. Our comprehensive approach strengthening families and communities, providing long-term care for children, educating and empowering youth, and advocating for children's rights transforms the lives of millions of children and families each year.
Over the last 70 years, our work has been supported by leaders such as the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela and such accomplishments have been recognized with numerous international awards and honors, including 14 nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize. SOS USA is a member organization to SOS Children's Villages International headquartered in Austria.
Globally, with more than 220 million children who are either without parental care or are at risk of losing it, SOS Children's Villages - USA is at a critical juncture in defining its future successes. Working together with our global partners, SOS Children's Villages USA has committed to strengthening engagement within the organization's network of individual, corporate and foundation donors to profoundly increase the global impact of our programs.
SOS - USA has decades of knowledge and experience and is ready to carry out an aggressive and integrated fundraising and marketing strategy to diversify the revenue portfolio of the organization. This growth of both strategic investments and unrestricted revenues will increase the funds raised in the USA that is channeled to support SOS programs in both the United States and around the globe. We believe that our program and model have tremendous potential to support the growth of SOS USA over the next several years.
Learn more at https://www.sos-usa.org/
Reporting to the Vice President of Development and Communications and working closely with President & CEO, the Director of Engagement and Impact generally develops and executes strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward gifts more than $5,000 from a portfolio of high net worth donors and prospects. Additionally, this position will develop strategies to enhance the organizational portfolio of recurring donors.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Articulate a clear mission-oriented value proposition for major donors and impact investors;
- Develop, steward and manage a portfolio of high net worth donors and prospects that are capable of generating significant support for SOS Children's Villages USA;
- Launch and coordinate activities of SOS Global Advocate Council in various cities;
- Organize special events with senior leadership, SOS alumni, board members and other advisory groups;
- Develop methodologies within the portfolio in order to secure new gifts, gift renewals or upgrades;
- Manage a dynamic calendar to ensure donor meetings and solicitations that establish or strengthen donor relationships for long term support;
- Solicit and secure gifts at the major gift level, including multi-year commitments. This includes identification, cultivation, and stewardship of high net worth individuals;
- Create donor correspondences such as letters, emails, funding proposals, and reports;
- Maintain accurate records of interactions with donors through regular management of the donor database;
- Work collaboratively with the other departments within the development office that could assist the major gift program, e. g. annual programs, marketing and sponsorship;
- Become knowledgeable of organizational assets for the purpose of effective donor stewardship, using available resources and opportunities; and
- Special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor s degree and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience, with at least 3 years of frontline major gifts fundraising experience, or proven track record securing five and six-figure gifts;
- Must be a self-motivated professional with a proven success record in major gift fundraising;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, both written and verbal;
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be an enthusiastic team player;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Ability and willingness to travel in the interest of donor cultivation and stewardship, as needed; and
- Passion for SOS mission.
Preference will be given to candidates who are geographically located in either the Midwest or Southwest with ready access to a major airport.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter, three references and the online application.
SOS Children's Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, citizenship, current or future military status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.