Director of Philanthropy
The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for managing and implementing fundraising campaigns and events for the benefit of scientific research. Build and foster relationships with potential donors and patrons to expand the organization’s philanthropic base.
Location: Aspen, CO.
Classification: This is a full time, year round, exempt position with benefits.
Approximate Start Date: December 1st, 2020.
- Serves as a key member of the SPRI development team.
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Conversant with all aspects and details of SPRI’s research and education programs and with the patient services provided by The Steadman Clinic.
- Integrally involved in the execution of SPRI’s development plan, which includes annual and capital fundraising goals and objectives, strategies and tactics to be employed in each aspect of the development program and the scheduling of fundraising activities.
- Ensures timely and accurate report deliveries to donors.
- Adheres to SPRI safety policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights.
- Maintains confidentiality of acquired information, exercising good judgment and discretion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years fund development or sales/marketing experience, preferably in the non-profit healthcare arena.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, or relevant field.
- Well connected in the donor community.
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of donor software programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make effective presentations to groups of people of all sizes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work effectively with health professionals.
- Exceptional attention to detail in executing numerous and often complex and time-sensitive actions simultaneously.
- High ethical standards.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement Plan match up to 4%
- Four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) in year one
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
For more information regarding our organization, visit our website at: www.sprivail.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.