Senior Director, Foundation Relations
Senior Director, Foundation Relations, World Food Program USA, Nationwide
WFP USA is the recognized leader in America’s pursuit to end global hunger, inspiring individuals, businesses and policymakers to do everything in their power to create a zero hunger world.
Consistent with the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, World Food Program USA works with U.S. policymakers, corporations, foundations and individuals to help provide financial and in-kind resources and develop policies needed to alleviate global hunger.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Senior Director of Foundation Partnerships will play a crucial role developing and implementing a strategic plan to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward private foundations. This position is instrumental in the organization’s goal to grow overall revenue to $100M over the next five years. The successful candidate will lead a team tasked with securing new sources of institutional support while maintaining strong relationships with our current portfolio of foundation partners. Reporting to WFP USA’s Chief Philanthropy Officer, this position will guide our foundation program, creating exciting, engaging, and thoughtful opportunities for foundation funding and engagement.
- Build relationships with institutional foundations to garner broad support for the mission of the World Food Programme
- Align opportunities with funding needs set forth by WFP USA leadership in collaboration with field leadership
- Meet and exceed foundation giving goals
- Develop unique engagement opportunities, proposals, and events to upgrade, retain and attract new foundation partners
- Manage relationships with a portfolio of current and prospective foundations through all phases of the donor pipeline, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Develop a data driven prospecting methodology that identifies institutional prospects whose giving priorities align with our current programming needs
- Manage a team of staff working with institutional foundations
- Enlist Senior Management Team and Board of Directors where appropriate
The successful Senior Director of Foundation Partnerships will be committed to WFP USA’s programs, mission and goals.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience executing successful foundation partnerships
- Prior work experience managing multi-million-dollar projects with large foundations
- Prior work experience leading a team of foundation relations professionals
- Experience with UN agencies a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree a plus
- Strong familiarity with the practices and techniques of foundation giving
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong editorial skills and a proof-reader’s eye for detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow processes & schedules.
- Ability to coordinate input from multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Experience with Microsoft Office with significant knowledge of Excel and Access.
- Occasional travel to conferences and meetings.
- Collaborative and team-oriented individual who can engage and motivate others in a wide variety of functions across an organization.
- Strong affinity for WFP USA’s mission and program priorities.
- The ideal candidate will thrive in a high-energy, hands-on, fast-paced and entrepreneurial organization as part of a collaborative and cross-matrixed team.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, creativity, and urgency to find foundations that want to align their strategic goals to support the work of the World Food Programme
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies, please.
World Food Program USA is a non-profit organization that builds support in the United States to end global hunger. WFP USA engages individuals and organizations, shapes public policy and generates resources for the United Nations World Food Program and other hunger relief operations.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. WFP USA is an equal opportunity employer.