Chief Operating Officer
Position Title: Chief Operating Officer
Reports to: CEO
Responsible for providing primary support to the CEO in the supervision and support of multiple departments of the organization including: Programs and Education, Residential Services, Day Services, Operations and Outreach (other departments as assigned). Manage contract negotiations with vendors, implement and manage purchasing systems, ensure timely budget input and provide general budget management in these areas. Research and design a data management system. Provide ongoing special project and strategic planning support for new ventures including mergers and acquisitions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Human Resources
- Manage the Human Resources function of AlzOC
- Review and revise as needed all policies and procedures including staff onboarding and training (and ongoing training)
- Review and revise as needed all staffing patterns, hiring and disciplinary processes in accordance with AlzOC policies
- Review organizational chart, provide management training as needed and revise all as needed
- Institute purchasing system agency wide
- Create physical plant improvement and maintenance plan and tie to budget
- Supervise and support analysis of existing and potential future programs as they relate to income generation. If approved, supervise implementation.
- Review Day Centers and Residential Programs for staffing patterns, Overtime and other areas of possible cost containment
- Create an integration plan to more closely align all departments and programs of AlzOC
- Manage all agency leases, contracts and acquired property
- Supervise Operations team in all physical plant issues
- Establish agency vendor list and consider any ties to Development/donors
- Improve the operational systems, process and policies in support of the organization mission, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning
- Support the development of the agency operational budget
- Review agency data management systems and implement any approved changes
- Master’s degree in Business, Public Administration or equivalent, or ten years’ experience in project management
- Knowledge of contracts, contract law & contract negations
- Property & Program Management/Development experience
- Budget development & oversight experience
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, divergent tasks in a timely, organized manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with focus on customer service.
- Ability to work autonomously toward mission goals; comfortable with fast pace and frequent changes in details.
The job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. The employee will be required to follow instructions and perform other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change when necessary.
Alzheimer’s Orange County is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, medical condition, sexual orientation (gender identification), as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The employee or the Organization may terminate employment at the Organization for any reason, with or without cause or notice, at any time. Nothing in any oral or written statement shall limit the right to terminate employment at will. No Supervisor or employee of the Organization shall have any authority to enter into an employment agreement – express or implied – with any employee providing for employment other than at will.
To apply: all applicants MUST submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements on or before October 21 to be considered for this position. Please submit all three requirements in order to be considered as an applicant.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for Chief Operating Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly