Business Analyst, Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a Business Analyst . This job reports to the Director, Data & Analysis in the Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement (DFSE) department of PPFA. The DFSE team is responsible for running Planned Parenthood’s national email, SMS, and digital advertising programs to raise funds online, power advocacy work, and engage with Planned Parenthood supporters across the country.
- The Business Analyst supports the DFSE team by contributing to the reliable and accurate running of data processes:
- monitors, troubleshoots, and adjusts data processes in all systems used by DFSE (including Tealium, Hustle, Mobile Commons, Salesforce, and Civis) but especially EveryAction/NGP VAN
- creates documentation of data processes for end-users in Tettra
- produces reports in EveryAction and Civis Platform
- contributes to monitoring and optimizing data integrations
- assists the Director, Data & Analysis in technical project management
- With exceptional reliability, records new data requests, updates tracking systems, and informs end-users upon completion of data tasks
- Using basic SQL, makes adjustments to templatized scripts, runs, and verifies execution of processes
- Upholds the team’s data standards and seeks opportunities to better apply our data integrity standards to processes
- Regularly performs quality control (QC) between Civis-produced outputs and marketing engines (EveryAction, Mobile Commons, Hustle, and more) and carefully documents the QC results
- Produces audiences with utmost accuracy from both Civis and from DFSE team marketing engines’s front-end interfaces.
- Develops strong relationships based on a dedication to serve the dept’s goals.
- Employs careful listening to understand DFSE staff member needs
- Communicates about task progress, outcome, and deadlines clearly and promptly without needing reminders.
- Seeks opportunities to provide better service to DFSE staff by making processes more efficient, communication clearer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- basic SQL skills (select statements)
- highly organized
- has a service orientation
- experience with a CRM required; EveryAction preferred
- a minimum of 2 years in a data role required
- outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- experience creating technical documentation
- 0-5% domestic travel
Starting Salary: 70k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer