Creative Fundraising Advisors is seeking a dynamic, focused, race equity-oriented individual who can join our team. CFA is taking steps to build our capacity to better serve our clients who are addressing issues around race equity. Ideally, this individual will be a sole practitioner fundraising consultant with experience planning and executing comprehensive campaigns, direct experience soliciting and closing significant gifts from individuals, and working as a part of a team to manage complex projects. We anticipate that the initial time commitment will be approximately 20 hours per month. This has the opportunity to be a long-term engagement and the hours may increase accordingly. With that in mind, interested parties should be mindful of their availability before submitting a resume. This position could be a path to partnering on other CFA projects and/or full employment with the company.
The successful candidate will be initially engaged to join a team that is supporting a major human services organization based in New York with significant operations in Los Angeles, as they plan and execute a major comprehensive fundraising campaign. The organization has embedded race equity into their recent strategic plan and their proposed campaign will be designed, in part, to support those goals.
$2,000 - $3,000 per month, commensurate with experience. The fee will be reviewed regularly and increased accordingly if the engagement requires an increased time commitment or when new projects are added to the successful candidate's portfolio.
Remote. When safely permitted, this position may need to be onsite in New York, Los Angeles, the Twin Cities or elsewhere.
- Assist in the development of a case for support for the proposed campaigns;
- Participate in feasibility study interviews and other qualitative and quantitative work necessary to deliver a thoughtful and comprehensive report to the client;
- Assist in development of clear goals in line with findings and agreed strategies, identifies priorities, foresees risks and makes allowances accordingly;
- Provide independent advice and support in developing and/or executing strategic, operational plans to meet defined fundraising targets, objectives, and aspirations;
- Review the success and achievements against agreed targets, identifying strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement;
- Create communication mechanisms and implementation plans for prospect development and outreach.
- Assist team members in devising and implementing fundraising strategies (including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) for the campaign and additional ancillary projects. Review their implementation on a regular basis.
- Assist in the development of existing donor relationships, ensuring that the organization maintains effective communications and good relations with our donor partners, ensuring they are updated on our work and achievements through up-to-date reports.
- Demonstrate good understanding of how to lead by example and through prior experience.
- Work in a tight schedule against clearly established KPIs.
- Assist with the implementation of prospect research and additional fundraising-related activities;
- Participate in weekly internal meetings with the CFA team, client teams and other meetings as necessary via video conferencing or, when it is safe to do so, in person.
REPORTING AND RELATIONSHIPS
The fundraising consultant will hold a contract with CFA and will work as a member of a six-person team that includes 3 other consultants, a Project Manager, a Client Services Associate and a scheduler. The team is led by the President/Founder of Creative Fundraising Advisors.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of cultural difference, sensitivity, awareness and experience crossing cultures;
- 2-4 years of fundraising consulting experience (sole practitioner preferred);
- Working knowledge of fundraising best practices;
- 3-5 years of direct fundraising experience including a demonstrated track record of cultivating, soliciting and closing principal and leadership-level gifts from individuals;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience planning and executing complex, comprehensive fundraising campaigns, including conducting feasibility study interviews and other quantitative work;
- Preference will also be given to candidates with a working knowledge of human services, race-equity focused, and/or cultural non-profit organizations;
- Excellent written and communication skills and an exceptional attention to detail;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
ABOUT CREATIVE FUNDRAISING ADVISORS
Creative Fundraising Advisors is a full-service fundraising consulting firm based in St. Paul, Minnesota whose consultants have more than 60 years of collective experience in philanthropy. In partnership with our nonprofit clients throughout the country, we have raised more than $1 billion in the past five years alone. We help our clients think big and lead with vision and compelling ideas. We position our clients for success, bringing our knowledge and skills to bear on the complex business of planning and fundraising.
We value collaboration, transparency, integrity, creativity, equity and change. These values guide our business decisions, company policies and expectations of our employees, business partners and clients.
CFA believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to strong partnerships and better business results. Our culture is grounded in respect and appreciation for each person’s unique perspective, strengths, abilities and contributions. It is our expectation that CFA and its employees, business partners and clients treat each other with dignity and respect at all times.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Saint Paul
- Capital Campaigns Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Saint Paul
- Corporate and Foundation Relations Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Saint Paul
- Donor Relations Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Saint Paul
- Major Gifts Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Saint Paul