Chief Financial Officer
Enactus is seeking a dynamic finance leader who wants to make a powerful impact in the world through the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders. You are the perfect person for this role if you are:
- a collaborative, hands-on and decisive finance leader with a passion for working in a dynamic, mission-driven team
- a clear communicator who inspires confidence and demonstrates uncompromising integrity
- excited about creating and supporting NextGen leaders to create powerful change toward a better world for all.
While Enactus has offices in Springfield MO, the leadership team works remotely and we will accommodate the right candidate wherever they are based.
Today, Enactus is the largest experiential learning platform dedicated to developing the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders and innovators with 72,000 students and over 500 corporate partners around the world. Enactus works on the ground in 35 countries and Enactus students created projects and businesses in 80 countries, positively impacting the lives of over 1.3 million people last year.
To support their work, Enactus has built an international network of purpose-driven business, academic and students leaders who are working to create a better, more sustainable world through the power of business. Our Board includes executive leadership from companies including AIG, BIC, BCG, The Coca-Cola Company, KPMG among more, and our network includes business leaders across all sectors who believe in business as a force for good.
As a vital member of the executive team, the CFO is responsible to provide critical financial planning, forecasting and analysis that enables Enactus to make quality management decisions for this international organization based on sound, accurate financial reporting and strategic insight
Reporting to and partnering with the president and CEO, the Enactus chief financial officer (CFO) will set Enactus’ financial policy and direction while also being an active participant in, and driver of, the organization’s overall strategy. She or he will lead all financial administration, business planning and forecasting, and budgeting. As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO will work closely with a motivated and engaged finance and governance committee of the board of directors; and will provide leadership for financial business planning and forecasting, accounting, budgeting, and HR and IT functions of the organization.
- Partner with the CEO on all operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Serve as an active and contributing member of Enactus’ Leadership Team.
- Oversee long-term budget planning and cash management in alignment with Enactus’ objectives.
- Partner with the development leader to align financial management with short- and long-term planning and projections.
- Engage the board finance committee around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model and operational delivery
- Support cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization; create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment
Financial and Operational Management
- Partner with the CEO on all strategic financial issues by providing financial recommendations and solutions based on accurate financial data and reporting, strategic analysis, solid revenue/expense projections and cost allocations.
- Oversee short and long-term budgetary planning process to ensure alignment with Enactus’ strategic plan, while accurately monitoring important internal and external operational metrics.
- Ensure accuracy and accountability in all financial statements, audits, reports and records, as well as ensuring all accounting and financial records are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and comply with local, state and federal reporting requirements by establishing and maintaining appropriate internal control procedures and safeguards.
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics for funding organizations and Enactus’ board of directors; prepare and communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
- Evaluate and oversee all benefits negotiations, thus providing the most competitive packages for Enactus employees.
- Serve as primary contact with legal counsel on all legal matters, including governance, trademark registration, employment and other matters as they arise.
- Develop and manage direct staff to include finance, HR, and IT; guide larger multidisciplinary teams outside of direct span of control.
- Engage other members of the executive management team to facilitate cross-department collaboration that ensures all financial, IT, and HR solutions positively support Enactus’ evolving strategy, operational delivery, and data collection needs.
- Support development function in budgeting and planning for key proposals and efforts.
MORE ABOUT YOU
The CFO will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 12 years of broad finance experience, including gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership.
- Track record of effectively managing a performance- and outcomes-based organization and team.
- Demonstrated politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, rapidly changing environment, and to manage remotely across leadership and staff teams.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting.
- Experience and skill in developing, reengineering, and recommending financial, HR, and technology policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with federal and state financial regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for relationship building particularly as it relates to board and professional peers.
- Highly proficient in accounting software programs, Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and the ability to easily learn new programs as needed.
- Minimum of a BS degree in finance/accounting/business administration with master’s degree strongly preferred. Non-profit experience preferred by not required.
Benefits of Joining the Enactus Team
- A remarkable network of like-minded leaders dedicated to a better, more sustainable world
- A unique opportunity to use your skills to help build a “once in a lifetime” transformation and the gratification that you will have a profound and positive impact on the lives of others
- Competitive compensation and remote working environment