Director of Advancement Operations
Sojourners has an immediate opening for a Director of Advancement Operations to serve on our team focused on fundraising and earned revenue. The successful candidate will be curious, driven, organized, a Raiser’s Edge power user, and a firm believer in the importance of quality data and systems management. This role will report to the VP/Chief Advancement Officer and manages the Donor Services Team, which includes the Donor Services and Database Manager as well as a Donor Services Assistant.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise the Donor Services and Database Manager in the work of receiving, processing, and acknowledging all contributions and responding to donors’ questions and concerns.
- Manage use of the donor database software system (Raiser’s Edge), including oversight of protocols, data entry, and data integrity.
- Oversee online donation processes through our email provider Engaging Networks and serve as a primary point of contact for merchant services provider IATS.
- Oversee data health projects.
- Provide finance department with monthly reports for purposes of reconciliation of the donor database to general ledger.
- Lead the Advancement Team through the annual audit process: preparing reports and communicating with the CFO as needed.
- Project manage in-house mailings.
- Lead departmental budgeting process.
- Support the Major Gifts program and VP/Chief Advancement Officer including, a) regular report of top 500 donors and assist with ensuring notes/actions are entered on a timely basis, and b) coordinating data needs of staff.
- Develop a series of dashboard reports for the VP/Chief Advancement officer to analyze donor and giving patterns.
- Assist with donor events logistics.
- Work on special projects as assigned by VP/Chief Advancement Officer.
- Update and maintain standard operating procedure manuals and run point on creation of new processes when needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 years’ experience with Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience with online fundraising platforms.
- Experience creating systems to share information between databases.
- Experience with creating and customizing reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple sources of data and meticulous attention to detail required.
- Enthusiasm about working collaboratively in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Team player with a can-do attitude and a passion for our shared work as an organization.
- Embodiment of our organizational values of teamwork and optimism.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities.
- Problem-solving abilities paired with excellent judgment.
- Ability to train and answer questions from non-technical users.
- Understanding of and commitment to Sojourners’ faith-based mission.
This position will be based in the Washington, D.C. office once it is safe to return; remote work, from anywhere, is possible until then, though EST hours may be required.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Director of Advancement Operations Search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff and create an inclusive and equitable culture. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 401(k) Plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.