Coordinator, Fundraising Operations
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.Position summary:
The Coordinator, Fundraising Operations, under the supervision of the Team Manager, Fundraising Operations, is responsible for supporting donor data base management functions, direct mail processing, financial reporting and expense processing for Development teams.
- Process membership and major donor checks and donations received in-house and enter in database daily;
- Prepare weekly file of membership donors needing acknowledgment and premiums and send to fulfilment vendor;
- Import weekly direct mail donations from the Direct Mail vendor;
- Facilitate invoice preparation, payment and expense tracking for Membership and Fundraising Operations;
- Support compliance protocols for the department by submitting contracts for approval in Salesforce;
- Fulfil membership services by answering phone calls from members, managing Membership and Development’s email in boxes, and responding to written correspondence from members;
- Develop and distribute weekly donation tracking sheet reports to development team and leadership;
- Update donor database with new records and make changes to existing records;
- Ensure data integrity by regularly de-duplicating records;
- Prepare applications for State registration and maintain RA’s workplace giving campaigns, matching gift programs and donor advise funds; Maintain RA’s pages on Guidestar, BBB, and Charity Navigator; and
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Previous Salesforce experience required;
- Experience in fundraising reporting and segmentation preferred;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required
- Must have excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Internet);
- Knowledge of database management and third-party data manipulation tools preferred;
- Must have exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Must be a self-starter with ability to problem-solve efficiently and effectively; and
- Requires a willingness to work independently and as part of a team.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: November 6, 2020
Only candidates authorized to work in the US will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Programs Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Grant Administration Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Program Administration and Management Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Administrative Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Office Administration Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City