Dignity and Power Now (DPN) is a grassroots organization
based in Los Angeles that fights for the dignity and power of
incarcerated people, their families, and communities. In
doing so, DPN wages a fight for everyone because the prison
industrial complex forms an imaginative limit on everyone’s
capacity to envision freedom and liberation.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the executive
assistant is responsible for assisting the ED on multiple
organizational levels, including scheduling, coordinating and
organizing. The executive assistant role requires an individual who
understands and is passionate about the mission and vision of the
organization and exemplifies DPN core value. The executive
assistant will have the primary responsibility to act as the ED’s
gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to the ED as needed.
The successful candidate will help to maintain communication across
teams and perform all duties and tasks as assigned/requested.
- Prepare reports, memos, invoices, letters, financial statements
and other documents.
Handle basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Retrieve and file corporate records, documents, and
- Research and conduct data to prepare documents for review and
presentation to boards of directors, committees, and/or
- Route all appropriate correspondence to the right person
- Respond to emails, and other correspondence.
- Help prepare the ED for meetings.
- Accurately record minutes from meetings.
- Act as liaison between staff and ED
- Use various software, including word processing, spreadsheets,
databases, and presentation software.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and distribute
them as needed.
- Make travel arrangements for ED.
- Assist the ED with various program coordination and logistics
- Perform office duties that include ordering supplies and
managing a records database.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Perform all other duties as required
- 5-plus years in administrative assisting with demonstrated
success in executive assistant function to an Executive
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills
- Experience as a virtual assistant.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant, personal assistant
or other relevant administrative support experience.
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strength of character, ethics, and commitment, and
- Trust worthy with confidential and personal information
- Bachelor’s degree in a business administration or relevant
- Certification such as IAAP Certified Administrative
Professional (CAP) or completed coursework on administrative
software is a plus
‘Dignity and Power Now’ is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. We welcome all qualified applicants, including formerly
incarcerated individuals. We are proud to comply with Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (LA Ord. 184652)