HIAS seeks a Development Associate to provide development operations support. Reporting to the Development Systems Manager, s/he uses HIAS’ information management systems, including Raiser’s Edge, to drive forward HIAS’ fundraising and engagement activities.
The Development Associate possesses excellent data management skills and assists in fostering and maintaining HIAS’ relationships with individual donors, foundations, corporations and other stakeholders.
This is a union position based in our New York City office.
- Enters and updates donor data.
- Processes contributions to the organization from individuals, foundations, corporations, and Federations.
- Supports acknowledgment process and prepares thank-you letters to donors, ensuring that well written, accurate, and timely acknowledgments are produced for every donation.
- Provides support to the Development team by identifying, cultivating, communicating with, and tracking donors for all areas of fundraising and planned giving.
- Maintains files and records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field with at least 1-3 years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising/development environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to perform multiple tasks quickly and accurately.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel).
- Extensive knowledge of data management systems, particularly Raiser’s Edge.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Ability to navigate and collaborate with a diverse workforce across all levels of the organization.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religious creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, age, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.