Philanthropy Specialist - Remote
Philanthropy Specialist – Virtual/Home Office
Make a living and a difference … at The Fellowship!
The Fellowship is an organization of bridge builders whose vision is that Jews and Christians will reverse their 2000-year history of discord and replace it with a relationship marked by dialogue, understanding, respect and cooperation. Together we are able to help more than a million Jews in need each year. Our success is built on a culture that celebrates the differences in who were are, what we have experienced, and how we think. Come and share your passion for fundraising so that we can help even more.
Newly created virtual career opportunities for two Philanthropy Specialists to join our team and increase mid-level donor charitable gifts to The Fellowship by building lasting and meaningful relationships.
Essential Job Functions
Mid-Level Donor Engagement & Solicitation
- Delight mid-level donors by providing a valued and authentic experience via telephone, email and mail with the goal of providing donors with a meaningful internal relationship to enhance their connection to IFCJ.
- Inspire donors to consider renewing, maintaining, and/or increasing their current annual giving and engage in opportunities to discuss higher levels of engagement.
- Execute ongoing cultivation strategy for mid-level donor ($1,000-$9, 999 cumulative annual giving) retention, growth of individual donor contributions and recapture of recently decreased donors with the goal of achieving revenue targets.
- Solicit donations from donors in assigned portfolio with an eye toward closing gifts to achieve team fundraising goals.
- Contact and connect with donors who have been identified through predictive analysis to evaluate additional giving potential and share Fellowship projects and discuss their possible interest.
- Work collaboratively with the personal giving team to transition donor relationships in their donor journey between major and mid-level giving.
- Provide leads to personal giving team, making recommendations on additional cultivation/solicitation possibilities to personal giving staff.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments as required for Moves Management options.
Moves Management Documentation
- Enter all correspondence into Donor Moves Management Database (Keshernet): Detailed recommendation and pertinent information (contact information, details of telephone conversations, and their interests).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related experience.
- Training in fundraising principles and practices, a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of fundraising solicitation or sales (outbound telemarketing, inside). Minimum of 5 years telephone customer service experience with some sales experience may be considered.
- Experience successfully managing personal portfolio of clients or donors. Must understand the donor relationship building process, how to negotiate and when to close the deal.
- Ability to listen compassionately, probe effectively, establish a good rapport with donors and develop long-term relationships. Must be able to express genuine compassion for issues of concern to donors.
- Knowledge of both Jewish and Christian beliefs with the ability to empathize with the strongly held religious and/or political belief systems of both.
- Must be passionate about the ministry of IFCJ and comfortable with prayer requests.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to relate to multiple audiences, use diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships, motivate donors and close gifts.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and donor databases.
Come and experience all that The Fellowship offers, including the ability for you to make a living and make a difference in a positive, friendly work environment. We have great benefits, team members and are centrally located in downtown Chicago. Submit your resume and salary requirements so that your journey in helping others through The Fellowship’s mission can begin. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)