Project Support Specialist
Full time 40 hours per week in our Advancement Office. The Project Support Specialist works with the Director of Advancement and the Public Affairs Officer to produce engaging, donor-centric content for department communications, projects and initiatives. The specialist coordinates a variety of advocacy and health policy communications efforts to support MDI Hospital’s Legislative Advocacy Program and provides communications support for leadership and board outreach efforts. As a member of an integrated Advancement team, the specialist works collaboratively with fellow team members to support all communications and philanthropy objectives within the Advancement Office with a special focus on donor-centric copy writing, advocacy communications and board and leadership scripting. Works on special projects as needed; assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Training or Certifications Required:
Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience required.
1. Demonstrated communications and development skills. Fundraising copywriting experience preferred.
2. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Ability to work independently with little supervision, work well with a team, handle multiple projects and priorities, exercise good judgment, be a self-starter and maintain absolute confidentiality of donor records and financial information.
5. Solid writing and photography skills.