Formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC),
Vibrant Emotional Health’s groundbreaking solutions have delivered
high quality services and support, when, where and how people need
it for over 50 years. Through our state-of-the-art
technology-enabled services, community wellness programs, and
advocacy and education work, we are building a society in which
emotional wellness can be a reality for everyone
Advancement Officer Reports
President & CEO
The Chief Advancement
Officer (CAO) serves as a key member of the leadership team and is
responsible for all fundraising and development goals and
activities. This role will expand and diversify Vibrant’s
Advancement strategy, and work closely with other team members to
secure funding for new initiatives in bringing emotional health and
crisis support to all people. In addition, the CAO will work
closely with the Board of Directors and support Board members as
they take on more active fundraising roles. She/he/they will set
the strategy for and manage philanthropic efforts across all
platforms, including social and digital platforms, e-commerce,
major gifts, annual giving, corporate and foundation support,
volunteer management, special events, and donor communications. The
incumbent will initiate, manage and cultivate relationships with
existing and prospective donors. She/he/they will be
responsible for setting and achieving long-term and short-term
financial goals in coordination with Vibrant Leadership and Board
of Directors. An ability to clearly communicate Vibrant’s
mission, collaborate with colleagues, and empathize with donors
will be key in achieving success. The CAO will work closely with
the President & CEO and the Board of Directors in all
philanthropic fundraising endeavors, as well collaborate with
marketing and communications, new business development and other
Vibrant leadership and departments.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Advancement
- Manage a portfolio of top prospects and donors.
- Build and grow digital and e-commerce fundraising
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and
develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at
cultivating deeper ties with donors and acknowledging donors
through public and private recognition.
- Establish a donor communications strategy, including appeals,
updates and individual outreach.
- Maintain donor files and provide metrics and analysis.
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of
fundraising and awareness events.
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and
prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening
- Forecast funding sources and trends, to help position
Vibrant in front of major funding changes or trends.
- A Bachelor’s degree, with 7-10+ years minimum experience in
- Must embrace the mission and vision of Vibrant Emotional
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and
community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and
good listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building.
- Able to engage and collaborate professionally with all levels
of staff, board members and prospective donors.
- Excellent writing plus computer skills including MS Office
suite, Salesforce and MailChimp
- Self-starter with strong leadership qualities who can work
closely with Board members, staff and donors
- Organized, detail oriented and exhibit “follow through” on
goals and tasks.
*Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical,
dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax
transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and
401K available. 4 weeks’ vacation, plum benefits, etc.
Vibrant Emotional Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran
status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color,
religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation,
citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical
or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any
other category protected by applicable federal, state or local