Assistant Director of Corporate Relations
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Development, this position is responsible for the management of both external and internal relationships to ensure the success of a thriving and engaging corporate giving program at Boston Ballet. This individual will manage and execute a comprehensive development plan that meets annual and long-term fundraising goals. S/he will be a highly motivated relationship builder with experience working in a corporate sales/business development role or in non-profit corporate fundraising. Serving as an integral member of the Development Team, the Assistant Director will be responsible for retaining and growing support from current corporate partnerships as well as developing and executing strategies to aggressively grow new corporate relationships. This requires an Assistant Director that is committed to building a culture of belonging through Boston Ballet’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
S/he will have the experience and interest in managing committees of board members and volunteers to achieve departmental goals. S/he must be able to work collaboratively and efficiently with both internal and external leadership to strategically engage, cultivate, and solicit new and existing relationships with an end goal of creating a robust portfolio of corporate partnerships that support Boston Ballet.
Currently, Boston Ballet administrative staff are working remotely.
- Identify, cultivate, and lead the solicitation of corporate donors for four-, five-. and six-figure, multi-year financial commitments.
- Establish, organize, and implement solicitation and cultivation strategies through Board members, community leaders, and new business relationships.
- Supervise Corporate Relations Associate.
- Identify new opportunities for corporate support. Devise and facilitate strategy for securing support. Ensure that proposals are submitted on time and follow-up proactively on pending proposals.
- Develop meaningful and compelling engagement opportunities for the Ballet’s existing donor community, connecting them to our mission and impact.
- Work with cross-departmental teams to ensure stewardship activities and donor recognition are planned and implemented in a timely manner.
- Manage internal pipeline and protocol for companies, including group sales, marketing partnerships, and in-store events.
- Recruit and retain corporate leadership for Board roles, special events, and partnerships.
- Lead strategy and management for corporate fundraiser events.
- Ensure that proper documentation is provided to donors on a timely basis, including programmatic reports and promotional materials.
- Participate in budget planning, goal setting, and strategic planning to assist with the creation of the Development Team’s annual operating plans.
- Maintain corporate donor databases, including files, correspondence, and benefits.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-7 years of related experience (sales or corporate fundraising).
- Work style that exemplifies collaboration, solution seeking, and ambition.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated discretion, tact, and good judgment.
- Creativity in finding shared interests between donors/prospects and the Ballet, and to translate these into partnerships.
- Ability to leverage relationships in the corporate community.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with great attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
Boston Ballet is an equal employment opportunity employer
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE POSITION FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.