Donor Engagement Specialist
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Fund for Global Human Rights
Donor Engagement Specialist
About the Fund
The Fund for Global Human Rights is a leading supporter of on-the-ground human rights groups around the world. Dedicated to finding and funding the most effective human rights organizations in regions from Latin America to Africa to Southeast Asia, the Fund for Global Human Rights offers grants and facilitates technical support to ensure the long-term effectiveness and viability of front-line groups working in challenging conditions with scant resources.
As an employer, we are deeply committed to the overall well-being of our staff. We offer 100 percent employer paid health benefits, generous paid leave, and flexible working options designed to meet the diverse needs of our globally based team members. For more information, please visit www.globalhumanrights.org
About the Role
This position is responsible for deepening and broadening the engagement of the Fund’s individual donor base, who currently contribute a small but growing portion of the Fund’s revenue. The donor engagement specialist will have an opportunity to steward mid-level donors. The position supports outreach to individual donors by managing events, acknowledging gifts, maintaining donor lists, and supporting major gift fundraising by the President and Vice President for Development and Communications. This position works closely with colleagues in the Strategic Partnerships, Operations, and Communications teams of the 14-person Development-Communications Department.
Reports to: Vice President for Development and Communications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities | Where You’ll Make the Most Impact
- Develop stewardship plans for mid-level donors, working with the VP for Development and Communications
- Manage small portfolio of individual donors contributing $1,000 - $5,000 annually
- Coordinate fundraising campaigns that further engage existing mid- and major- level donors and bring new donors to the Fund
- Work with the Communications team to implement a donor welcome series and develop a strategic plan for email communication with mid- and major-level donors
- Support the production of donor marketing materials, such as annual reports and brochures
- Implement digital and non-digital strategies throughout the year to increase revenue from individuals
- Create and update prospect lists for the President and VP of Development
- Coordinate in-person and online donor-focused events and related follow-up
- Produce narrative and financial reports and proposals for mid- and major-level donors
- Assist with Board-related administrative work, such as arranging Board committee meetings and preparing Development materials for Board meetings
- Maintain event and outreach calendars
- Improve systems and processes related to individual giving
- Coordinate with Finance and Development Operations on gift processing
- Conduct research and generate information for internal and external meetings
- Create and update donor records in Salesforce
- Write acknowledgment letters to individual donors.
Minimum Qualifications | What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- 3 years of experience working with individual donors
- Expertise in developing strategic stewardship and cultivation plans
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to organize events and other creative initiatives
- Donor research experience
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience working with Salesforce system
- A creative problem solver who can analyze and solve logistical hurdles
- Poised and professional, with a great sense of humor
- Deeply committed to global human rights issues and to a stronger, more effective human rights movement
- Someone who takes initiative, sees what needs to be done today and into the future, and does it.
The Fund for Global Human Rights is an EOE/M/F/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering and nurturing mission focused, collaborative, and diverse workforce. The Fund aims to provide competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.