1 day left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Homeboy Industries, the 2020 recipient of the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize, is seeking a world class marketing executive and mission oriented individual to lead Homeboy’s brand management and strategy initiatives forward. This position is responsible for Homeboy Industries overall brand management; expanding Homeboy Industries’ global partnership reach to corporations, organizations, and individuals who can advance Homeboy’s mission; and serving as a strategic thought leader to enable ambitious revenue and fundraising growth from Homeboy’s social enterprises and comprehensive campaign initiatives.
In addition to possessing an accomplished background in leading organizations’ brand management and marketing initiatives forward, a track record of building innovative brand partnerships to bolster organizational priorities, and an aptitude/desire for connecting brand strategies and tactics to revenue growth, exemplary candidates will possess broad leadership capabilities as a senior manager, and the cultural competency necessary to lead marketing strategies and tactics forward in a world that prioritizes and values social justice, equity, inclusion and diversity.
This is a high-profile position offers the right individual the opportunity to work closely with the CEO, CDO and other Chief Officers to advance the essential mission of Homeboy Industries as Homeboy expands its programming into a variety of innovative areas including youth reentry, the arts, campus expansion and housing, global advocacy, and the expansion of our core 18 month reentry program.
Salary, Benefits & Location
A generous salary and benefits package including an industry leading holiday time policy is available to the right individual. The ability to work remotely during a global pandemic is a given.
Homeboy is the beneficiary of great momentum and just within the past year has received the Everychild Foundation annual prize (20th Anniversary), been selected by the New World Foundation as one of twelve organizations nationally to participate in a quality job creation initiative, and received the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize, the world’s largest prize of its kind.
The Director of Marketing will play a critical role in leveraging these accolades to expand Homeboy Industries’ reach with to drive support for our essential mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in developing a marketing plan that supports the organization’s strategic priorities utilizing both traditional and digital communication.
- Build organizational capability in defining and reaching the target audiences of Homeboy Industries, including demographics, key metrics, lifestyles, preferences, needs, desires, and societal pressures.
- Partner with internal teams responsible for our strategic priorities (programming, social enterprises, e-commerce, development, corporate partnerships) to supervise marketing and promotional plans for target audience with measurable goals and objectives.
- Champion marketing and branding efforts for Homeboy Industries social enterprises, including marketing campaigns, data analytics, and e-commerce/digital sales initiatives.
- Support the Executive Team by providing recommendations on prioritizing marketing initiatives to grow brand reach and revenues while stewarding internal resources.
- Work directly with the Manger of Media Relations and other communication assets to ensure collaboration on print and digital assets to meet the needs of the organization.
- Overall Project Management for the Marketing Department, including managing the annual planning calendar and budgeting for the Marketing Department.
- Oversee Homeboy Industries’ content creation (print and digital) on all platforms for marketing and communications purposes.
- Report on key metrics to Executive leadership, providing campaign updates and quarterly reports on Marketing initiatives.
- As it relates to the Marketing Plan and any Marketing Department needs or projects, speak into the development and production of copyrightable works (print, photography, film, music, visual arts, etc.) for distribution in various media and formats.
- Participate in (and contribute to) meetings as appropriate including weekly all-staff meetings, Leadership Team meetings, periodic Executive Team meetings, and planning and budget meetings.
- Manage and lead marketing staff as well as oversee partnerships with creative agency partners and consultant resources.
- Attend, plan and participate in significant Homeboy events as needed and/or assigned, including annual gala, community events, and staff events.
Skill, Experience & Education
- Ten+ years in marketing and brand management, leading teams to implement strategic campaigns to advance mission and achieve growth-oriented objectives.
- Track record of working as a change agent with senior level leaders to build infrastructure and systems in enhancing organization’s marketing and revenue generating capabilities.
- Significant experience implementing marketing campaigns in both for profit and non-profit environments, with notable goal achievement in driving business sales and fundraising in traditional and digital channels (e-commerce, digital philanthropy).
- Experience leading creative teams and/or agencies to produce and implement websites, multimedia, brochures, direct mail, annual reports, and other organizational collateral that reflects brand image and moves markets to action.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to embrace a spirit of entrepreneurship and flexibility in order to meet ambitious goals that support Homeboy Industries’ mission.
- Strong editorial sensibility and skill set – must have strong background in using storytelling across marketing platforms to engage target audiences and achieve target goals.
- Proven supervisory experience, with ability to coach and develop an effective team.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Windows/MS Office/Internet/Social Media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, etc.) and applicable marketing-related applications and platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters or MBA preferred) in Marketing or a related field, or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- A strong alignment with Homeboy Industries’ mission and a passion for social justice.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are being accepted until position is filled.
Apply for Marketing Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly